Need help identifying "stuff" in skin lesions

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there. I need some help trying to identify these things that are either in my skin pores on my face or attaching to the hair follicles on my face. Lesions start out as large red bumps similar to acne but quickly explode into the lesions on my face. Hoping that there's a way to post pictures for somebody to help with identification. I have a host of overall complaints from pain in joints to muscle weakness and even difficulty breathing. I've been dealing with this for two years now and nobody can seem to tell me what these things are in my face. I've had a host of blood work and have the results all of which show negative for any disease or parasite.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Can you post a photo?    If not try a good description of the "things". Size,colour, Look like?   Which country do you live in?

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I'm not quite sure how to describe them. And I cannot seem to figure out how to post pictures. I guess the best way I can explain them is that they look like little pieces of rice, but I can't see where they are segment of tapeworm. I live in New York state, USA. The western edge of New York State. I have had cultures done and the main bacteria seems to be Gram negative staphylococcus. A year ago there were a couple of other bacteria that were found in a culture but I could not find anything at all about them. I also apparently had mrsa . However it was last fall and I've been through a couple courses of antibiotics since then. I have no idea if those things are the result of fungus, virus, or if they are parasites, or if it has to do with an autoimmune disease.

• Posted

Are you in an area where ticks are common?    Have just been reading some articles on something called Morgellans disease,which seems a highly contested problem,but there sre suggestions that it is caused by ticks. I've not heard of it before but the symptoms seem to match yours. Try doing a bit of searching on the web.

• Posted

Yes I have heard of morgellons. Yes I'm in the area of where

there are ticks. And I too question the morgellons simply because the medical field hasn't completely acknowledged it yet. And probably because of the crazy articles IIhave read. In particular the idea that the government is dropping this virus amongst the population. I'm not saying that it does not exist, I'm just saying that I personally question it. I don't suppose you know if Demodex mites are visible in human pores?

• Posted

Well,some people claim to see them but personally I havent.....not that that proves anything.    They are extremely tiny,about a third of a millimetre when adult so you would have to have fantastic eyesight to see them without magnification.      There seems to be an obsession with these mites as being the cause of all sorts of skin problems,but they have evolved to live on man for thousands of years and are said to be beneficial as they eat all sorts of bacteria that would be harmful.

They seem to have become the villains attacking the human race in general after a tv programme in the 1970s showed them on the human skin.....they were viewed via an electron microscope.

• Posted

I guess the delicate balance with them and to other beneficial balance can get outta whack and cause lotsa problems. I've got very good close up eyesight but I I don't think my eyesight is that good!

• Posted

Re reading your original post...have you had a CT scan? you say you have multiple problems and pain in joints and difficulty breathing. Cant help feeling all these probs including your skin lumps are related.
    • Posted

Yes I believe it's all related too. Yes I've had an MRI of my head(to check my pituitary gland) and my report says something about multiple nodules in the periventricular(??) white matter. Since I was seeing an infectious disease doctor, he said he couldn't help anymore and told me to see my neuro doc. I haven't been able to get to him(due to finaces) so I saw a neurologist in our small town. He says I've been having small Strokes, but my primary care doctor says it looks like multiple sclerosis. I've had a chest CT and there is a nodule in one of my lungs that's getting smaller comma well between September and January shrunk 1 mm. I have blood work that is showing weird results. I've had countless tubes of blood taken so I couldn't say which tests. My gastroenterologist is trying to help me the best that she can do. After having an endoscopy and colonoscopy preliminary results show that nothing's wrong there. Biopsy samples were taken from four different places in my digestive system. I'm still not ruling out hypothyroidism. One thing that I think I have noticed comma is that I have silver sulfide cream that I'm putting on my face morning and night. I cover with either a hydrocolloid bandage AKA duoderm. Sometimes a Band-Aid. But whatever that silver sulfide is doing comma it seems to be releasing these things that are in my pores. I so wish I could post a picture exclamation point by the way comma I'm assuming you're in the medical field or you've done an awful lot of personal research on it? Also are you over in Europe or are you in the United States? Just wondering cuz I'm curious.

• Posted

Latest thoughts....anyone mentioned Sarcoidosis?     

In UK by the way. 

• Posted

I think I was tested for that and lupus. I don't think I was tested for scleroderma tho. It seems like docs here, at least in my lil corner of the world want to listen to the patient. Now I realize that there's tons of information on the internet and many illnesses have overlapping symptoms. However I've been in healthcare for much of my working life so I do know some things and I'm not a hypochondriac. Since no one had come up with any results I gave some plausible ideas but was immediately dismissed. With the silver sulfadine cream I'm using I am getting some healing but the problem is that those things in my pores are being for lack of a better term, covered up with healthy skin. When that happens they wind up turning into little calcified balls that itch like crazy underneath my skin. And I'm not sure if it's the natural pigmentation of a scar or if it's because I've been getting a bit of sun But the healed up scars went from pink to stark white now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.