Need help interpreting my blood work results

Posted , 7 users are following.

I recently got blood work done and got my results. It seems I may be suffering from anemia. I am planning to take iron supplements but want to get a second opinion from other people. Is there anyone in this forum who can interpret my blood work results and give me some advice? I have the snapshots of my blood work for reference.

Thanks.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The question is what did your doctor say? Didn't the doc recommend you to take iron suppliments. How low is your haemoglobin? But I am not any expert on it. Maybe you should ask this to doc. I am taking iron suppliments for two months now because I have very low iron in my blood.

• Posted

I think you should ask a medically qualified person.  In my case the doctors decided to try and find the cause of the anaemia and are treating me with iron infusions while they do this. Good luck!
  • Posted

Thanks for all your responses. Attached are my blood work results.
    • Posted

I am not a doctor or a medical practitioner.

It’s possible you have rhinitis or a pasistic infection based on your slightly raised eosinophils but this might be normal for you. 

I would suggest that you may have iron deficiency anaemia due to you low ferritin, low MCV and as your haemoglobin is in range. 

Since your iron levels where not tested you need to speak to a doctor before taking any supplements. 

• Posted

Hi, from what I know your haemoglobin at 15.7 looks ok, your ferritin level which is a measure of the iron store looks pretty low 20.8, so haemoglobin level is whats in the blood, and ferritin measure is the iron store, my Iron store is getting low at 39 so my GP put me iron supplement, if your Iron store drops too much then your haemoglobin will start dropping, and you'll become anaemic, this is what I understand from research and speaking to my doctor.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies. You were very helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.