Need help or advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI guys I need some advise on a problem I am having about 3 weeks ago now my boy friend had a mental break down and his family were keeping me informed in on his progress and he's doing pretty well now and he's been asking to speak to me. recently tho they haven't been keeping me updated I have tried calling and texting but no response I don't know what it is I have done wrong. I myself suffer from depression and with all this going on my depression has been getting alot worse it got so bad that I wanted to end my life. I have no idea what to do I now feel that I am to blame for my boyfriend being like this and that's probably why his family aren't speaking to me even tho they haven't physical blamed me. my boyfriend dosent have his phone and he is still in hospital but I don't have any contact with him I need help and advice to what I should do and have I done anything wrong to this family please help.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Maybe the hospital and his parents hve decided that peace and quiet is what he

needs to help him get better.

Be patient and he will be in touch when he is ready

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

It would be nice to be informed tho and thank you I will be paicent and strong
    • Posted

His parents may think that having his girlfirend with depression visit him in hospital not appropriate.

You must think of his well being

Take Care of yourself and get the help you needcry

• Posted

his parents don't know I have depression only he does and I will be takeing take of myself and getting help I need thank you
  • Posted

Are you not able to visit him. Being kept in the dark is not helpful when you are worrying so much about him. The only thing i can think of is that if you suffer with depression and feeling suicidal it maynot be helpful for him to be around you at the moment. Keep strong and hopefully in the future you will see him. Keep busy and concentrate on your own depression. Have you got treatment and a family member or someone trusting to talk to. 

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

I only have one person to speak to about my depression it's like a big taboo in my family and friends they don't understand it but im going doctors today to get all the treatment I can possibly get thank you

• Posted

That's good that you are going to see your Doctor. If you need to talk to someone in confidence have you thought about asking for counselling. If you feel desparate you could ring the Samaritians, they are available 24I /7. I hope you get some help soon.

Besst wishes.

Elizabeth. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.