Need help, overthinking symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, everyone!

I have a story to tell you, so sit back with some popcorn and enjoy! I hope you guys can help me.

So recently, maybe close to 3 weeks ago, here and there, I felt some brief, undisruptive tingling in my feet (mostly right foot), and I never thought much of it, and went about my normal life(I am only 19.) However, last Monday morning, I woke up, and I really felt the tingling on my left foot, so, being dumb, I went online and websites were telling me awful things, like having autoimmune diseases, cancer, etc. And I panicked. My heart started racing, I got super hot and sweaty, when I tried to get up I felt so unsteady, I wanted to cry, I could not focus on anything else, etc. Eventually, I calmed down a bit, but it was just still constantly on my mind. When my mom came home from work that afternoon, I explained to her what I had been feeling, and she thought maybe it was a pinched nerve (I have a bad back/neck/jaw), so we decided to set up a chiropractor appointment on that Thursday. She told me to never get on websites like WebMD again because they only scare you, and told me that there was nothing seriously wrong because she knows me like the back of her hand and would know if I was really ill. In the meantime, I could not stop thinking about it. Tuesday came, and I could only think about it. I cried, was scared, and at dinner that night, I did not feel hungry (I love food) and that scared me. I started feeling myself becoming dizzy, nauseated, and I got so worried and panicked again. I could only think about what I was feeling. Mom once again saved the day, and when I sat down with her, cried everything out, explained my feelings, she reassured me, told me she could see the worry plastered all over my head, magically, the "dizziness", "nausea" had basically gone away! Her reassurance helps me, but only for a few hours at the most. Wednesday came, and when I woke up to go to school, I got super hot again, I felt unsteady, dizzy, I was shaking and trembling, tingling in legs and my left arm, so I hurriedly got dressed, and laid down until it was time to leave. I think that was another panick attack. I felt awful. I calmed down, went to school (although I was on the verge of tears the whole time) my friends told me I was overthinking everything, making me feel sick. Now, even when I am not having a full blown panick, I particularly feel tingling in my left leg and arm (although it can be felt in all extremities from time to t

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hold on, let me finish.... Accidentally submitted...
  • Posted

Hello... I know exactly what you are going through. I did the same thing looking online for my symptoms. Always ended up with cancer. I stopped go ogling everything. Just makes you feel worse! I would get the tingling feelings in my hands. Buts only in my middle, ring, and pinky fingers. I thinks because when I'd have a panic attack I'd start to breath different short breaths. Having anxiety is a pain! I'd try different things to do. I'd start cleaning to get my mind off it, writing on here to people that know what you're through always helps me, I take 3 fingers and tap the bone under my eye for 10 seconds and then ask myself what's my anxiety at from 1-10. Then I keep doing it till its at a zero. I write in a journal on my phone. I close my eyes and yell in my head STOP stop stop 3 times. And tell myself anxiety can't kill me.
    • Posted

That is weird , I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago when I had what I think was a pancrease attack ( terrible pain from gas bubble in my lower chest) and checked it out as you did and of course ,cancer was also mentioned and I have bad attacks of anxiety ever since. I am taking 30 mil of Paxil a day but I am not getting any relief.
  • Posted

From time to time) Dinner came, and I honestly felt fear about eating. I wanted to panick because I did not feel "hungry" and so once again, I hardly ate anything, which scared me again. Constant worrying, I can hardly focus on anything else rather than "what am I feeling?" "What is this pain?" Once again, I was crying, upset, panicking, and my mom had to try and screw my head hack on saying "This is all in your head, you are making these feelings up" and again, I felt better, for the time being. That night, I woke up, suddenly felt really bad, got shaky and trembly, heart racing, major tingling in my extremities, etc. I had to try and calm myself down and fall back asleep. Thursday was the day of my chiropractor appointment. I was nervous the whole day because I was expecting him to take x rays and I was worried they would find something very bad. I felt worried, and once I got there, I told him about my tingling, where I felt it, but also how I think some of if could be anxiety related, and he did not seem concerned at all. He did not even take x rays like they normally do. He adjusted me in a few places, and I left. I was really upset to realize that I still was feeling the tingling and skin crawling feelings on my arm, legs. We went and got my favorite fast food that evening, and I could not even enjoy it (although I ate it) because I was worried and I was worried about eating dinner. Mom had to reassure me again! I felt a bit better, even ate some jello as a snack that evening. That night, I woke up again around the same time, and started feeling panicked again, trembling, shaking, hot/cold, heart rate up, palpitations, tingling all over, especially on left side, and once I calm down, I fell back alseep. In the day time in the past previous says, I just felt like I was not focusing well, not feeling well, spacy, etc. On Friday, I decided that I was not feeling so good either, I had a bad headache, and when I went out to eat with my mom and grandmother, I did not eat as much, however that evening, I talked to my mom again, she reassured me that I was fine, but also on top of that, my monthly gift came, making the headache go away, and I felt a lot of the anxiety go away (don't get me wrong, some is still left though) Saturday morning, I was feeling better than I had been. I went grocery shopping, and while there, I began to feel a bit spaced out, but I told myself to just keep pushing through, and I got over that. Still constantly thinking about the tingling sensations though. Always constantly feeling my heart rate to see how fast it is going. I am constantly going online and reading up on things to try and justify how I have felt. Slowly through the weekend until now, I have gotten over my dinner fear, I was literally scared to eat, and I have found that to be getting better. Saturday night, I woke up panicking again, and when I got up Sunday morning, I felt defeated because I had not had an episode the previous night. I tend to wake up feeling anxious when I first get up, I have found. I was already crying on Sunday morning because I was upset about having another episode in the night. Also another thing I want to point out is that I have had a project in school about terminally Ill people, it was due on Sunday, and I refused to work on it until the last minute because I was scared of the topic. Sunday did get better though, overall, I would say. My mom helped me find some self help techniques on how to deal with anxiety and panick. Sunday into Monday, I woke up, with the shaking, panic, heart sinking into chest feeling, tingling and I did some breathing, got up, wrote down how I felt in a diary, and I went back to bed after about 30 mins. This week, I have been better overall I would say. I have been sleeping through the night the past couple of nights, I am eating better than I had been, but that doesn't mean I am not worrying. I am always still thinking about "why am I feeling this tingling?" Etc I also find myself to get nervous most when I am not around my mom. So when I get home from university every day, I normally have some hours before she is home from work. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I think about is my health, and noticing the tingling I feel. Last night, I met up with an old high school friend, and I felt bad after the fact because I could not enjoy the meet up because the whole time, I was thinking about my legs and why they felt tingly and maybe a bit weak. I bet my friend thought I was crazy. When I got up to leave, I felt a bit woozy for about a second, and I was so worried. At this point, I think I am so tired of getting full on anxiety attacks, that I am not having them anymore. I can hardly even cry anymore because I think my body is so tired of crying. I came home, told my mom I was worried, and she told me to start scheduling a doctors appointment, because she feels that seeing a doctor is the only way I will start believing I am okay, and that nothing serious is wrong. Deep down, I feel that I believe her because before I looked up all that bad stuff that Monday morning online, I was so happy, carefree, my regular self. But I still feel that doubt and worry all the time, and I feel that my mind could be making a lot of these symptoms up, or atleast exaggerating it. This is kind of interesting though: when I was much younger, in upper primary school, I had a period in my life, it was some months, where I was convinced I had something wrong with my heart. I felt palpitations all the time, and almost every single night, I would go and wake up my mom and cry about it. Eventually though, I got over it.

My mom says this feels like déjà vu to her, it is so reminiscent of when I was younger. Do you guys have similar experiences to what I have been feeling?

• Posted

It's me again.... I also get the tingling feeling on the left side of my face. Then I start to think im gonna have a heart attack or something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.