Need help ..PCOS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone.I am 24years old..i was diagonised as PCOS two years back..that time my Gyno told me that its due to stress and life style it will be gome after 6 months just do exercise and stop junk foods that tume got lineant...but after 2yrs i again went for ultrasound and found out that i am still suffering from PCOS and my both ovaries appears bulky with small peripherally arrange follicles..my right ovaries measures 3.6*19*3.1 cm(approx volume 12cc) and left ovaries(3.8*1.8*2.7 cm(approx 11.8cc) and my gyno said that after taking blood test she will give me some contraceptive pills..which i reay dnt want to have..i want to get get my periods naturally..what should i do...is there any way? Please help me guys..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jancy smile First of all don't panic, you do not need the pill to help you. The first thing you need to do is look at your diet - minimise processed food, and try to stick to a low GI diet this will help to regulate periods and balance hormones as well. Exercise is also one of the best ways to help with what we have - even just 20 mins a day of light to moderate activity will really help you smile Once you have a good diet and exercise regime in place you can start to introduce vitamins and supplements that will your body to ovulate. If you need any more advice please let me know. Ive had PCOS for 10 years now so had done my fair share of research smile xxx

• Posted

Hi ..thankew so much for your advice ..actually i just need to heal my pcos naturally...so ur advice is really helpfull..i really appreciate it.
    • Posted

You are very welcome! In my opinion naturally is the best way to go smile Good luck smile xxx
  • Posted

You can’t get PCOS from stress and lifestyle it is a hormone imbalance. It usually means you are insulin resistant, so a healthy lifestyle can help the symptoms but it won’t mean you don’t have PCOS anymore. I was very slim and healthy when I was diagnosed. Vitamin d is supposed to be good for irregular periods. Also you can get period apps for free where you can keep a note of when you start and stop your periods, they are very useful for PCOS sufferers because you can keep an eye on how regular you are and it guesses from your personal cycles when your next one is due. It isn’t always accurate as your periods won’t always be exactly the same but you can get a rough idea after a year. I use period tracker lite by GP apps. I have used it for years and I find it really useful.

I don’t blame you for not wanting to use the contraceptive pill, I got multiple pulmonary emboli(blood clots on my lungs) from it. I was on one that helped symptoms for PCOS so it was quite strong. Metformin is used for PCOS that is supposed to help with the symptoms, I tried it for a bit but I got terrible indigestion. My periods used to be really irregular but they are now alright. I think as you get older they do even out, it is important that you shed your womb lining regularly otherwise you are at higher risk of female cancers. How often do you get your period?

• Posted

Hi..thankew for ur wonderful advise its highly appreciated..i get my periods every month but ut get delayed by one week..15 days and sometimes 20days....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.