Need help please!;(

Posted , 7 users are following.

July 26 I will be on fluoxetine for 3 months now. I've a week ago I upped my dose to 15mg. I felt fine til this morning I woke up with what I'm guessing anxiety. I feel like I'm going crazy and my thoughts are going crazy. I just feel crazy altogether.! Idk what todo! Does this mean it's not helping? Should I change? I need advice bad ;( been having a touch time on this med considering I've made like ten of these discussions. I've noticed it's helped but it's like things are going good then I have w horrible bad day. And today it started bad. Craziness, weird thoughts, can't even think straight. Idk what to do!

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Happened to me when I went from 20mgs to 40. Felt like they were having zero positive affect and I was mildly nauseas and out of it. Similar to The first few days after you start taking them. Luckily this only lasted about a week for me and I slowly started to return to my happy place. 6 weeks later my dose was upped to 60mgs but I didn't notice any side affects that time. I am in no way qualified to give you advice though so I would still consult your GP but I would think it's probably your neurotransmitters trying to figure out what to do with themselves. Once again please take my comments with a grain of salt, just letting you know that if the doc says it is normal it should be over in a week or 2.

• Posted

Yeah, i already feel better. the only thing i stil have is i still have that almost like a zombie feeling like im not really here almost like im not relly living my life. like im constantly medicated. I feel great but still i look around and sometimes feel like im not real. almost disconnected. ive had this throughout the whole thing im just hoping it goes awaysad do you know wht im talking about?

• Posted

Yes I understand. On my packet it says to let the doctor know if you notice any mood changes and that would be considered a mood change. I had that too and he had me stop taking it and I felt better. Of course my anxiety was from a different medication and so I stopped taking it. Now the suicidal thoughts are gone. Let me know what you did okay? I hope you feel better
    • Posted

It started to go away. I split my doses during the day. I still feel foggy but other than that everything's better. Hopefully it just keeps getting better and better each day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.