need help please! dont know what is happening!

Posted , 4 users are following.

i my name is Derrick 27 years old 134lbs 6,1 and for the last 9 months i have been having a multitude of symptoms that have compleatly destroyed my health and my mind and im not sure where to turn or what to do at this point so i thought maybe someone here can maybe relate to any of this. on my moms side of the family there is alot of connective tissue disorders that i just found out about i dont know if i could have one or a mix or something

Meds i was taking Trazodone,Lituium,Xanax,Neroten,Luvox,Cipro,alpha blocker,Trilipatol, and a bunch of other before and after this started.

current meds less then 25mg of luvox and xanax .5mg 2 times a day (been on xanax for 2 years now) 

my only diagnoses so far is osteoarthritis

symptoms.

born with inguinal hernias and flat feet

have tarvlo cytes 

bladder problems at night (wet the bed till about 15) 

swelling in that back of neck (comes up on a ct as a muscle spasm)

extreme head and face pressure and burning mostly on left side the goes into my sinuses all the time.(numbing and tingling into face also)

muscle twitches though out my whole body

extreme ear ringing (hissing) mostly on left side

feels like electricity is run though my body (extreme internal vibrations)

Joints cracking and popping

high and low blood pressure seems to be positional (from 170/109 down to 101/50) fast heart rate (100 to 160)

heart flooders

feels like the blood flow to my legs are cut off (but veins are bulging and hurt to the touch)

discoloration of feet and hands also can be positional (toes turn purple and lots of pain)

upper back pain

weight loss of 30lbs

cloudy urine with white stuff in it 

numbing into arms and legs

can not sleep

extreme anxiety

night sweats since i was 16

discharge from nipples

chest pains

extreme stomach pains

and the list goes on 

i can barley eat or move anymore and all the doctor's around here are clueless as to what could be wrong i have had so many tests so much blood work been to the er because of this 16 times. here are the findings of my mri i dont know if any of this can cause whats happing or not becuase the nero i seen has no idea

Routine cervical protocol MRI was performed without the administration of IV gadolinium. Additional heavily weighted T2 images were performed as part of MRI myelogram. Routine thoracic protocol MRI was performed without administration of IV gadolinium. Additional heavily weighted T2 images were performed as part of MRI myelogram. Routine lumbar protocol MRI was performed without administration of IV gadolinium. Additional heavily weighted T2 images were performed as part of MRI myelogram. Cervical spine: The cerebellum is unremarkable. The T2 signal intensity within the spinal cord is within normal limits. The vertebral body heights are maintained. The intervertebral disc spaces are maintained. There is mild degenerative endplate spurring at C4-C5 and C5-C6. The prevertebral soft tissues are within normal limits. The T1 weighted signal intensity within the bone marrow is within normal limits. The left vertebral artery is dominant. At the level of C2-C3, there is no significant spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis. At the level of C3-C4, there is no significant spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis. At the level of C4-C5, there is no significant spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis. At the level of C5-C6, there is a mild central disc protrusion with mild right facet hypertrophy causing mild ventral effacement of the CSF space and mild right neural foraminal stenosis. At the level of C6-C7, there is no significant spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis. At the level of C7-T1, there is no significant spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis. Thoracic spine: There is normal thoracic kyphosis. The thoracic vertebral body heights are maintained. There is no significant neural foraminal stenosis identified. The T2 signal intensity within the spinal cord is within normal limits. At the level of T8-T9, there is a central disc protrusion causing mild ventral effacement of the CSF space and mild ventral flattening of the spinal cord. At the level of T9-T10, there is a right central disc protrusion causing mild ventral effacement of the CSF space without significant neural foraminal stenosis. No discrete extradural CSF signal intensity collection is identified suggest CSF leak. There is a tiny right-sided perineural root sleeve cyst at T12-L1. Lumbar spine: There is straightening of the normal lumbar lordosis, which is likely positional. There is disc desiccation with mild intervertebral disc space narrowing at L5-S1. The conus medullaris terminates at the level of L1-L2. There is an annular fissure at L5-S1. The vertebral body heights are maintained. The T1 weighted signal intensity within the bone marrow is within normal limits. There are incompletely characterized cystic lesions seen within the interpolar region of the left kidney, likely renal cysts. The largest cystic lesion within the interpolar region of the left kidney measures 3.2 cm. There is no discrete extradural CSF signal intensity fluid collection is identified to suggest CSF leak. There are tiny right-sided perineural root sleeve cysts at L2-L3 and L5-S1. There is a tiny left-sided perineural root sleeve cyst at L3-L4. There is a Tarlov cyst or tiny occult intrasacral meningocele seen within the sacrum. At the level of L5-S1, there is a disc bulge with superimposed right subarticular/foraminal disc herniation causing asymmetric narrowing of the right lateral recess with abutment of the traversing right S1 nerve and mild right neural foraminal stenosis. IMPRESSION 1. No discrete extradural CSF signal intensity fluid collection is identified to suggest CSF leak. 2. Mild degenerative disc disease within the cervical spine at C5-C6 as described. 3. Mild degenerative disc disease within the thoracic spine at T8-T9 and T9-T10 as described. 4. Mild degenerative disc disease within the lumbar spine at L5-S1 as described. 5. Annular fissure at L5-S1.

here is some recent blood work 

WBC 4.00 - 10.80 K/uL 7.82  

RBC 4.50 - 5.25 M/uL 5.29 H

HGB 14.0 - 16.8 g/dL 16.7  

HCT 40.0 - 48.4 % 45.2  

MCV 82.0 - 99.5 fL 85.4  

MCH 27.0 - 34.0 pg 31.6  

MCHC 32.0 - 36.0 g/dL 36.9 H

RDW 11.5 - 15.5 % 12.7  

PLATELET COUNT 140 - 400 K/uL 158  

MPV 6.6 - 11.1 fL 9.9  

SEGS 40 - 75 % 72  

LYMPHS 18 - 42 % 18  

MONOS 1 - 11 % 9  

EOS 0 - 6 % 1  

BASOS 0 - 2 % 0  

ABS. SEGS 1.8 - 7.7 K/uL 5.63  

ABS. LYMPHS 1.0 - 4.8 K/uL 1.38  

ABS. MONOS 0.0 - 1.1 K/uL 0.71  

ABS. EOS 0.0 - 0.7 K/uL 0.08  

ABS. BASOS 0.0 - 0.2 K/uL 0.02   

ekg report

Sinus tachycardia

Biatrial enlargement

Abnormal ECG

When compared with ECG of 21-MAR-2014 23:52,

No significant change was found

Ventricular Rate: 107

Atrial Rate: 107

PR Interval: 152

QRS Duration: 90

QT/QTc: 328/437 ms

P-R-T Axis: 81 : 82 : 73 degrees

more blood workBUN 6 - 20 mg/dL 9  

CREATININE 0.6 - 1.2 mg/dL 0.7  

GFR should be used to assess renal function. Plasma/Serum creatinine may not 

be able to properly reflect renal function in some cases.

SODIUM 135 - 146 mmol/L 138  

POTASSIUM 3.5 - 5.1 mmol/L 3.8  

CHLORIDE 98 - 107 mmol/L 103  

CO2 22 - 32 mmol/L 26  

ANION GAP 7 - 15 mmol/L 9  

GLUCOSE 70 - 120 mg/dL 121 H

CALCIUM 8.3 - 10.5 mg/dL 9.9  

E GLOM FILT RATE >60 >60.0

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Derrick I'm not a doctor but where a few or ten doctors can't can't find the problem it could be Lyme's disease. It's a great immitator of many things and often manifest with musscle and joints pain. I have it and I have half of your symptoms. Otherwise, it could be your antidepressants causing all this havoc. Would it be possible to try to come off them with the help of a good doctor and terapist? Mindfulness is very good for therapy. Good luck!
  • Posted

i have had 3 lymes's tests done and nothing showed up. i am scared that i have medication damge my nero thought it could be that until i told him about all the other symtoms and my family history. yes i am slowy coming off of the luvox but i dont think i could come off the xanax right now even in a rehabe i called maney and they said your symtoms dont mach that of benzo problems but the wierd thing is everytime i was in the er they give me iv's of adavan and toradol and it seemed to help 
    • Posted

The problem with Lyme is that there isn't a reliable test and my tests done in UK were negative where the one done in Europe was positive! But if you can remember being bitten by a tick that would be a huge indication. But in my case there is a strong believe I got it from my parents and unfortunately my son tested positive on the chronic band. Something that lyme illiterate doctors will deny is that the bacteria can be passed transplacental! It can - ILADS website explains. Sometimes the only way to test os to start a treatment and see the reaction. But only with a lyme literate doctor. I do hope you'll find some answers soon! Good luck!
  • Posted

hi derick have you had any trouble with your back teeth, wisdom teeth, if you havent allready done so get checked by a good dentist as impacted wiisdom teeth can cause all sorts of problems in the head nech jaw.

that list of medications was an awful lot to be on , the docs dont really know how they interact with each other. its better that your on less meds. look on drugs.com for a list of interactions, they grade them into red orange andd green i think last time i looked.

have you done any sports or heavy lifting, the mri indicates mild problems at various parts along the spine, L is lumber the bottom few vertebrae, T is thoracic the middle ones, and C is cervical the top  7 vertebrae.

muscle spaasm on neck is probably result of mild damage at C4-5 C5-6.

im not sure if the mild  central flattening of the spinal cord at T8-T9 would cause autonomic instabilty, muscle spasms jerking, you would have to ask a doctor what organs and muscles this part of the spine serves. the L5-S1 disc herniation or rupture at the base of the spine where it joins the pelvis is a potentially nasty injury, common in builders and manual workers. do you have lower back or leg pain. the doc will only offer physio if this is the case unless it is completely crippling and affecting the abilty to walk, bladder or bowl function. if this is the case there are four different types of surgical intervention to decompress the spine, but all drastic operations.

the xanax is a very low dose 1 mg a day but benzodiapenes are never good can play havoc with your autonomic nervous system if taken for long periods.i would suggest discuss with your doctor a taper, it should be relatively esay at this low  dose i would say 3-6 weeks from experiance of lorazepam depending on how well you cope, allthough dont fell guilty if you feel your not ready yet.

swap the luvox for duloxetine.

keep yourself hydrated look at food allergies wheat dairy milk, although natural yogurt is normally well tolerated,(plain, yeo valley that sort of yoghurt) i would experiment cut one out for a week and see,rice is normally ok and corn. frruit veg little meat diet is good

i dont know what your dr is like but i have had to really push in the past for issues i have. dont be intimidated get a second opinion if necassary. although ultimately you may gey a diagnosis of chronic fatigue/ me whisc is a catch all term they give when they cant figure ou whats going on. there were a few articles in the guardian about this have a google lynn gilderdale, emily collingridge and read the comments under the article.

• Posted

I was just curious as to Why you think Lyme Disease? L
    • Posted

Lyme disease is often behind many health problems where doctors can't come up with a clear diagnosis. I was told on several occasions that there is nothing wrong with me and it's in my head and that I just have to learn to live with the pain. At the age of 33?! No, thank you. I was looking for answer at my own expense and finally found a doctor who said to do western blot for lymes. And this deasise is most likely to be behind any mental issues like anxiety, which I never had before in my life. I was told that quite possibly lymes was behind my parent's severe deppresion. Bartonella and Babesia that often are the coinfections of the tick bite (although I don't recall being bitten, as apparently 70% of affected people don't) and they are responsible for mental issues, especially if they started suddenly in sdult life. Sorry for putting too much detail but we need more awarness as the treatment for this is couldn't be more different than giving people antidepressants sad
  • Posted

Are there any other medical or 'health related issues' [whether they be past or present/current that could be impacting your health?]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.