Need Help.... Query regarding Gallbladder issues in Older Adult (Male)

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 5"10' 82 kg (male) Just wondering if any adult male have gallbladder issues since most of the time i've seen this issues in females. I've being recently diagnosed with gallstones in my gallbladder. A month ago they just found one 3 mm polyp. I've dull RUQ pain that sometimes moves to back just below the rib cage. I NEVER HAD GALLBALDDER ATTACK. and following issues comes and goes. Even eating fatty food didn't cause any issues and sometime even after taking a single bread slice i start having issues.

Loss of apetite (that back after 2 weeks)

Fatique feeling

rapid loss weight (Change in diet, Depression). Again gained some back now.

Tiredness

Blury vision (sometimes usually in night)

Gurgling sounds from right side. 

Weird sensation if i press at my back under right spacula. 

Burping (sometimes)

Weird sensation in body like something going happening in my body.

Bulky stools sometimes with undigested vegetables (sorry for to be gross).

I had lot of tests done 2 times ultras sound in 2 months, two CT scans, MRI, Gastroscopy. 

Also I've mild fatty liver. Only thing they have found is polyp in first Ultrasound and later lot of small stones in Gallbladder in one month duration.

I've scheduled surgery for 31st January. In extreme depression right now and want to check if anyone have such symptoms in gallbaldder issues.

Thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had my gallbladder out last year in February. Before they removed it, I had alot of small gallstones and my gallbladder was inflamed. I had alot of gasses, ( burping and farting ) and full pains. I had to stay away from the greasey fatty foods, mayonnaise, fatty dairy products, spicy foods, gravy, it was awful. The last month or so before I had my gallbladder removed I started having attacks as you described. But what noticed when I did, I had either a glass of water or a cup of tea and it usually calmed it down. After my surgery I still had the gases for awhile and the poops because food tasted so good and still does. But I will for warn you, after you have your gallbladder removed, just watch the greasy and fatty foods and the acidy foods cause they will go through you. for awhile and take it easy when you start to eat normal.food again.. You will notice after awhile you will feel alot better. Take care and good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for your prompt response Iris. So i never had gallbladder typical attacks. so is that normal like symptoms like dizziness and sickness feeling is normal with gallbladder issues ? and whats the recovery time after the surgery. 
    • Posted

also worth to mention my gallbladder HIDA result was 39%. Which is under the normal range but at border line. I'm just worried since i didn't had any gallstone typical serious attack, that issue may be something else ? thank you.

• Posted

Hi, if you have the larascopic surgery, which is the little four incisions in you adbomen , it should only take about 4 weeks. It all depends on the person. When I had the surgery, I was walking around the same day but had to do alot of resting for at least three weeks. But then I was able to do light chores. I was put on anti-inflammatories because I have diabetes type 2 to help with the healing process.. They will give you some pain killers afterwards. But you will have some discomfort for awhile. There will be some cramping , but it's normal because they use a special gas to inflate your stomache so the organs can separate, so the surgeon can remove your gallbladder easier. Yes there are dizziness and sickness with gallbladder issues. That is why I mentioned about the food problems. Just take it easy and you will notice a difference and watch the stress. Take care and keep me informed.

• Posted

Hi Iris .  I have been diagnosed with non working gb 5 years back and now developed gallstones. I have extreme burping,bloating and dizzinesss with blurry vision. Dizziness is the worst for me. Did you had dizziness before gb removal? and  how are you feeling after gb removal ?
  • Posted

I had my gall bladder removed two weeks ago to  the day.  I am about 90% recovered, I have to be careful lifting heavy things, etc.  Pain is all but gone.  I had most of the symptoms you described.  Nausea was the biggest problem.  I had one hida scan that showed it was perfect 62% ejection.  Finally after two years of nausea I convinced them to do a second one and it came back bad with "chronic cholecystitis and low ejection fraction."   So far in two weeks I haven't had a bout of nausea yet.  My fatigue is getting better and I am sleeping much better.  I NEVER had a painful gall bladder attack either and there were no stones.  The color of my bowel movements has returned to normal (was very discolored)  I had a 3+ year, very expensive problem that seems to have been a gall bladder with non standard symptoms.  

• Posted

forgot to add, no diarrhea yet and I have eaten some fairly greasy food.  When it was removed my gall bladder was actively inflamed.
    • Posted

thanks Burner. so you ever had diarrhea before the surgery? I never experience diarrhea but bulky floating stools (sorry to be gross). 
  • Posted

I had all the issues you discuss, in addition to vomiting undigested food as long as 3 hours after eating it.  It took them 2 years to diagnose and finally remove my gallbladder.   That was 15 years ago and I have had pain in the area where my gallbladder was for that entire time.   Presently, I am in great pain and the primary care physician prescribed GEMFIBROZIL TAB 600 MG twice a day.   I am hopeful it helps but have only been on for 5 days and so far is hasn't stopped the pain.   I have had diarrhea off and on since the surgery and the gastro doctors recommended CHOLESTYRAMINE FOR ORAL SUSPENSION, which is a powder that you mix in water, for the diarrhea.   It seemed to help with the pain when I used it, but I was never told to take it all the time.  Gastro doctors don't seem to treat the pain that follows the surgery for some reason...they will scope up and down and do MRI's and then tell you there is nothing they can find.   Good luck with your surgery.   I HIGHLY recommend you start on either of these drugs as soon as possible and continue with them after your surgery.   They aren't expensive and may help with the pain.   I can tell you that nothing else works...I have been given hydrocodone and other opioids and they simply don't touch this pain.   Best wishes.

• Posted

I have all the symptoms that you mentioned minus non fatty liver. The dizziness is the worst for me and lot of burping and bloating with blurry vision and thinking of this created depression for me . I have a non working gb initally and later developed stones. Please let me know how the surgery goes for you .Will be helpful for folks for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.