Need help quitting smoking, how did you do it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

The title pretty much explains it all. I need to quit smoking, but using something like Chantix (USA) isn't an option for me due to other health issues.

I'm considering cold turkey, but that's going to be very hard.

So, how did you quit, and what nicotine withdrawal effects did you have?

Thanks for reading,

Kim

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim I quit cold turkey 7 years ago on Christmas day, I think that once you have decided to give up I'm sure you will go for it, its not easy but the actual goal is so worth it, try not to over think it, just take one day at a time and eventually it will become second nature to be a none smoker.

Keep plenty of fresh crispy things to nibble on so you don't fall into the added weight trap, also fresh orange juice available to sip when you get cravings.

Good luck and keep posting it helps to get feedback and support

• Posted

Thanks so much for the info. I've noticed that when I chew minty gum I smoke less, but the willpower to fully quit isn't quite there yet.

I'll definitely post more when I take that leap. ?

• Posted

Some nicotine withdrawal effects are intense cravings for nicotine. tingling in the hands and feet. sweating. nausea and intestinal cramping. headaches. coughing, sore throat. insomnia. difficulty concentrating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.