Need help remembering all my medicines

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am taking many medicine daily as I have high cholesterol, high blood pressure and also diabetes.

I am still not used to taking so many medicines in a day. I either forget to take the medicine or take the wrong medicine.

Any advice on how you guys cope with taking different types of medicine daily?

Thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Go to chemist or a cheaper drug store and buy a dossette. This is a small narrow box,with little boxes alongside each other named Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday etc. put each daily tablet in a daily box then. You can check. Each day if you have taken them. There are more complicated boxes that have more options  eg; hourly.  They are cheap. Your  dispenser will help you. You will get used to it. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi,I also have lots of medication to take,3 for high blood pressure,3 for PMR,2 Lansoprozole,2 Metformin,1 vitamin D,1 Statin.

I use a daily medicine container and put them all into it every morning so I can easily check as the day goes on.I've found that if I don't do it I WILL FORGET WHICH I'VE TAKEN.There are lots of different containers about so you can find one that suits you.Hope it helps.

• Posted

I agree with the other replies - I use a pill box. The one that I have has four 'containers' for each day (labelled Morning, lunchtime, early evening and late evening' - one row for every day of the week (ie. 28 holes)

This helps as I am usually very busy during the week - but it is a 'once a week' task (on a sunday morning for me!) to dispense the pills into the 28 'pill containers'.

Advantages

- Easy to see if I have missed taking any pills

- Always 7 days notice that pills are runnign out and new prescription required

A cost effective way to remember to take pills, and saves me time as sorting out the pills is a 'once a week' job.

A

• Posted

Agreed, "pill containers" are the most cost effective and actually very effective way to remember which medication you need to take everyday. I also know people that use these mobile apps, you input the med you take and which days you need it and then it will remind you with a notification or if you prefer a message! Although not sure if the messages are paid or if it's free...

Anyway I do work with people that have diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. They do tell me about their frustration with the amount of medication they need and I completely understand them and of course you smile

I do tell them and recommend that they consider changing to achieve a healthy lifestyle. As these conditions of high cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes can all be caused by one reason... a bad diet, what we eat and how we treat our bodies. I know there can be other factors to this but I find that this one is the main one, imagine if we ate right, consumed the right amount of nutrients, wouldn't our bodies be stronger to resist and rid us from diseases.  I know people can be skeptical when I tell them this but in a way it is the truth, just have to think about what we eat and if we do enough to get healthy instead of just conforming to taking so much medication only to keep the diseases and/or conditions at minimum level. Wouldn't it much better if we didn't have them at all.

(Let's make a change in ourselves first) 

• Posted

Hi mu11,

Many thanks for your advice.I thought this forum was  to help people with the problems they have.

The reasons for their condition is none of your business.   

• Posted

It is what I intended, to help them. Am sorry if you misunderstud, I in no way wanted to find out the reasons for their conditions. (Unless they decide to share it with the forum).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.