Need help... something's wrong and Dr is not helping...

Posted , 3 users are following.

So this started a couple of years ago... I started having this horrible pain in my abdomin like right between my ribs all the way into my back... Went to the Dr she said probably gastritis gave me a script sent me on my way... it didn't get better... A month goes by a finally some relief but then I found out I was pregnant... All symptoms went away during pregnancy had my baby and within a couple of days they was back again... Went back to the Dr she said the same thing... So a couple of months later my birth control failed and I was pregnant again and all my symptoms went away again... had baby symptoms come back but with a vengeance... Now the pain knocks me off my feet and to make it worse I'm having episodes of breathing problems... I have an o2 finger reader(can t remember what it's called) and I checked during my episode and I was at 78% with pr of 42... And another weird thing is I can only drink coffee... if I drink anything else the pain in my abdomin starts immediately... I'm so tired of being in pain and so sick of coffee... Does anyone have any experience with this??? My Dr just keeps saying gastritis and won't do any test...

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I don't know why this posted in a gallbladder group sorry...

• Posted

I don’t know why either .

but Ile tell you this ?

thats the symptoms I had to a t for 3 years and then I had my gangrenous gallbladder removed.

i suggest you make your doc get an ultrasound done on you hun and get a blood penal run ,

suggest you request a full blood work up to include Amalase , lipase , liver function, and white blood cell count !!

as you my dear might very well have gallstones !!!!!

do not let yr s****y doctor fob you off with gastritis and if they do then change yr doc to one who gives a s**t !!!

feel for you let me know how you get on please .

best regards.

• Posted

Went back and had blood work... Everything was normal except for elevated lipase levels... Had a ct scan 2 days ago... Now I'm completely freaking out... Can the gallbladder cause that??? They wouldn't explain anything to me just kept saying I had high pancreatic lipase levels... Now I'm imagining worse case scenario and scared to death...

• Posted

Vallery

dont freak out it’s easy to send yourself into a whirlwind of despair gallery.

calm down now then now then in the first instance as panicking will only make situations far far worse ,as I found out the hard way.

now elavated lipase is or can be a worry.

what that means is your pancreas is not functioning properly gallery.

now that does not mean you have pancreatic cancer ,as I know you thinking ok.

yes gallstones can cause elavated lipase , but usually only if a stone is blocking your pancreatic duct.

of which may be the case , but more likely a sign of pancreatitis, which is what I think you may well have or again gallstones which commonly causes elavated lipase also.

so well done for listening and pushing for what I said to do , and now something had been found, so you will not be fobbed off with gastritis anymore and now your on the right path to a diagnosis and whatever treatment you may require.

now you just got to wait for the ct scan results and see what that brings to the table.

be cool be calm and give yourself a pat on the back for not being fobbed off !

your on the right road now , vallery.

start chasing up the Secretary now about 5 days after the ct was performed and drive them mad daily for your results.

come back to me anytime for anything please.

and do keep me posted. Xx

• Posted

I just wanted to thank you for your response... I just got my ct results and they show chronic pancreatitis and possible colits... Have an appointment tomorrow with a GI... I truly appreciate it!!!
    • Posted

Vallery.

well done to you for pushing and getting your diagnosis.

i very much suspected pancreatitis as I said and very happy to have helped you and your wellcome.

im so happy for you.

i wonder how these gp,s even have a job vallery.

im uneducated from the damn street and I diagnosed you over the internet, gp,s are hilarious and do not deserve their pay.

thank you for letting me know xx.

• Posted

Find a new M.D.. clearly there is something going on . You deserve to have some answers . Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Ok this is getting ridiculous I've lost 3lbs in less than a week so now I'm only 95lbs... I can no longer even eat crackers without being doubled over in pain... I've got a 3yr old, 15 month old, and a 3 month old... I'm going back to the Dr

• Posted

Vallery

thats it you go give them hell ,that’s sadly the only way your going to get anywhere these days .

• Posted

So I went back to the Dr and they did a blood test... The results were all normal except for elevated lipase levels... I know that's a pancreas enzyme but what does that mean??? I have to go get a ct scan now...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.