Need help/support please!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 7 weeks and can not stop balling my eyes out I'm really scared and just can't stop crying. My head feels like it's about to blow off. I've been having these really bad head pains at the top of my head and sometimes at the back. It is worrying me sick my anxiety is like 110%. My eyes have been hurting and also my ear but my head is killing me!!!!! And I'm starting to worry that it is something more serious going on... This has been going for 7 weeks but I keep getting new head pain it was just at the back of my head now it's at the top with really really sharp pains and the go through my temples sometimes it feel like my head is burning sometimes or something and that also scares me. Can somebody please help me!? Is this from the mono and has anyone else had these problems?? I'm so scared and my head hurts so bad it put my into tears sometimes. I feel like I'm dying and I just want to give up I don't know what do to any more!😖I feel like this will do some damage to me or effect me for the rest of my life cause it is not getting any better!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ravyn,

I am sorry you are going through this, but I can tell you first hand that what you are experiencing is normal.  I am in Month 8 going on 9 and while I have still have many symptoms, the ones you are having are completely normal.  The best thing you can do is come here for support for those that are going through the same thing or have in the past.  I have had eye pain since day 1, I had convinced myself I had eye cancer :-( but luckily the dr checked and all is good.  This virus is a nasty virus and will cause the weirdest symptoms and it plays with your heads into thinking you really have something else wrong with you. 

I would however suggest that if you are concerned go back to the Dr who diagnosed you and tell them all your symptoms to make you feel more at ease.  I think I have seen just about every Dr in the State of Texas :-) It takes a while to over this. I am not sure how old you are, but the older you are the longer it an take.  The key is eat healthy, drink plenty of water and get lots of rest.  Also incorporating a Multi Vitamin in your daily diet is a good idea. Eats lots of greens and protein and stay away from Sugar and caffeine, those two have been the enemy for me during this time.  Hang in there and we are all here for ya to make ya feel more at ease... 

• Posted

Thanks just the most concerning part Is the head pain it really scares me and I'm 16.

• Posted

Hi there,

I know someone who suffered from the most awful headaches in fact that is one of the things he remembers most about mono how his head felt like it was going to explode.

Hang in there, I completely 100% understand your health anxiety. 

• Posted

This is the main thing I suffer with everyday I have headaches and here lately head pain I've been going through this 7 weeks with headaches everyday there is not one day that has gone by without me having a headache sometimes it will be off and on but it is a everyday thing and I'm starting too worry if it's something more serious or if it's going to last this ways forever or what. When I wake up in the morning I usually have a disconnected feeling for awhile then it goes but here lately I've been getting that feeling through the day. My eyes get sharp pain sometimes as well as my head.. I just pray it's nothing more serious and this will go away soon. Is it normal for me to still be feeling this way in 7 weeks?

• Posted

Yes it’s normal at 7 weeks. Like I said I’m going into month 9 and still have many symptoms but it started tapering off around month 7! I’m guessing since your soo young you will bounce back quicker then us older

Folks 😛😛Just try not to panic and know it’s normal!! And DONT google anything you will be planning your funeral by the time you hit the search bottom!! 😳😳Just come on here for support!!! You will be ok take a deep breath and it will be ok!! I’ll be saying a prayer for ya!!!

• Posted

Did it hurt to close your eyes sometimes? My left eye hurts the most but it hurts both when I close them. It feels like it go through my temples to my eyes.
    • Posted

Some good advice from Jennifer, staying away from Google searching on these things is good - I know it's hard because it's only the scare mongering stories you read there, the vast majority are those who go on to get fully better from mono and they just get on with life and don't post anything!

Really hoping these awful headaches settle Ravyn, remember do see the doctor about it for reassurance if not already done so - sometimes that can put your mind at rest just to know it's part of the virus and that it will go away.

Hang in there and thinking of you still.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Ravyn,

I just want you to know that like Jennifer and Van I'm thinking about you and want to reassure you also. It's a horrible cycle I know, the pain and symptoms can often get worse with stress and the virus and worry itself causes stress, and it can just elevate everything. The symptoms are real, I am just concerned for you too Ravyn how this is affecting you, please do talk to someone you trust about how you feel and do ask someone to go along to the doctors with you to help you explain everything how you've been feeling - even writing it down as I know I often know what I want to say when going to the doctor but then it doesn't come out right when I'm there.

I do believe you're going to get better Ravyn, just hoping these awful headaches settle down. Take heart from Jennifer and Van's words that these headaches can be very normal, and also if you see the doctor and maybe even ask for some blood tests, that may put your mind at rest more too I really hope.

Thinking about you and remember do as much as possible to relax and distract yourself. Deep breathing is good and there are loads of relaxation apps on your phone you can download, there's one in the UK called Mind Shift or something, Mood Juice too I think, but there are hundreds. Takes you through breathing and relaxation exercises you can do in bed.

Hang in there and just cope with one day at a time - one step at a time. Feverfew is supposed to be a good herb for headaches I have read. And remember you WILL make a full recovery Ravyn, I truly truly believe that and trusting God with your recovery.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.