Need help symptoms are ruining my life!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all new to the group. 22 year old male.

Okay so my symptoms are chest pains and back pain mainly on the left side and the centre, difficulty breathing and swallowing, coughing with and without phlegm.. phlegm is usually thick and has had blood streaks 2-3 times that i have noticed.. weakness and fatigue, leg pains and pains in other areas. A loss of appetite and weight loss. Also have an enlarged lymph node in the neck just under the jaw since this all started..This has been going on for about a year now and the doctors seem to think there is nothing wrong. Have had a fair few respiratory infections in the past year aswell any help or response would be great! Thank you.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I can relate to some of your symptoms I used to have when I first started Having generalized anxiety disorder it all started with a panic attack I was having chest pain tightness in chest palpitations along with shortness of breath but it's all a process it's not easy but you can learn how to manage it first things first get it cleared diagnosis with your doctor and get some tests done like echocardiogram for the heart and pulmonary function test for your lungs and if everything comes out normal then most likely it's anxiety mimicking these symptoms.

• Posted

Have had an exho and stress test multiple xrays and a lung function test all within the normal.. have been told anxiety numerous times but i feel like there's definitely something more to it than that..

i do have health anxiety and gad but that shouldnt be the root to the these problems

• Posted

Coughing up blood is definitely a red flag!!! You need to go to another physican. If you are short on time due to work or something....go to er. They will do a round of tests and exams and may be a faster way to get an answer. More expensive but i wouldnt mess aroind.
    • Posted

I also have major dypsnea. Had a panic attick after drinking a coffee really fast.....this was like 5 years ago. But now i cant breate in deep at times. Really scary. I even have threw myswlf into panic attack. I also get back ache/pain from straining to breathe.seems worse at night... easier to breathe when laying down. Strange.
    • Posted

I have had a few anxiety attacks from all of this.. and i have the same issue with not being able to breathe deeply.

I have a range of other symptoms along with what i have already mentioned

• Posted

Doctors have done a phlegm test and its all good so yeh.. multiple xrays in the past year and nothing shows. Have had a ct done at the start of the year also which they said was all good.. doctor assumes anxiety and reflux.. but a gastroenterologist did a endoscopy and said it was fine
    • Posted

I suggest until you get a straight answer yoy stay away from caffiene, cigarettes, and dairy. All affect breathing.
    • Posted

I am 32 years old and have these spells where I cant take a deep

breath in. It is very uncomfortable to know I cant reach the satisfaction I need to get a full breath.  I am about 70lbs over weight, however, before i got these spells, my activity level was fine and i didnt have any other issue.. (So it's not a weight issue.) Also, in the past have had a few panic attacks. So severe at times i had to stop working and going to school. When i had those attacks, it wasnt the same as the trouble breathing i have now... however, the breathing issue did throw me into panic attack once.. it was so bad i cried and shook because I could barely breath....I also experience chest pain once in a while when this happens, seems to be in the middle of my back. Hard to tell if it's from straining to breathe, lungs, or heart. But this dont happen everytime. And if I have a "good day" when my breathing is full and deep, it still feels like their is a fist in my back.   It seems that caffiene gives me panic attacks, and if i drink to much alcohol i feel very sob also. If i eat too much and become full, this also makes my breathing worsen. However, if i eat, that also helps the sob on occasion..   so confusing. I have had about 3 of these spells. Once when I was about 23, 31, and now 32. When it happens, it lasts for like a month or two. It is very uncomfortable. Its like my chest wont allow me to take deep breaths. I can get one in once in a while but rarely. I also have trouble sneezing and yawning due to this. Seems to be ok when laying down. But trying to walk very far, even getting dressed is a task. It is waaaaay worse when showering. I almost hyperventilate in the bath. It is ruining my life. I do have afib.... i really dont think it is that. If i dont think about the breathing it is ok usually. I try to occupy myself to take my mind off of it. I have been to the doctor 3 times. He has no idea. Says could be afib....asthma....stress..... and the hospital said maybe acid reflux... all my xrays and heart evals looked fine...besides mild afib..Sometimes i wonder if im just freaking myself out.... but sometimes it's as real as day. I use albuterol nebulizer every 4 hours. It helps a lot but not 4 long. I also use mucinex nose spray. This is so scary and making my life difficult. Please if anyone has answers let me know. Thank you.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

• Posted

Well im pretty well screwed there haha i do smoke and i love milk and cheese although i have been told by the gastro that i am borderline lactose intolerant haha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.