Need Help- Symptoms getting worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since the end of January I've been having upper right back pain after I eat, chronic diahrrea and now recently I've been having edema as well. Also recently the pain has radiated to right under my right pec. I went to the ER and they found protein and blood in my urine and they did an Ultrasound but the doctor said my appendix, liver, and gallbladder all seem to be fine.

Now I'm going to see a nephrologist, but the appointment is a month away and I don't know what to do because the pain continues and I'm not confident it's a kidney problem. Does anyone have any advice or ideas on what it could be or how to deal with this?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you had blood tests for your liver and kidneys? Also, there is a scan called a HIDA scan that might help pick up if the ultrasound missed something.
    • Posted

They did do blood work but I'm not sure if it was specific to kidney and liver. I'm just in constant pain and I want to fix it.

• Posted

The location of the pain and the diarrhea could be gallbladder related, so perhaps try a low fat 'gallbladder' diet and see if that helps. It certainly won't harm you.

• Posted

I realized today it actually hurts to touch spot right on my rib right below my right breast. When I press on it it's tender and sore.

• Posted

Possibly it could be inflammation related to whatever is underlying your abnormal urine results. There are problems like costochondritis, which affect the chest and rib area and are extremely painful. Something like that would be painful when pressed, but it would not affect your urine, cause diarrhea or edema.

Symptoms such as yours normally point to kidneys, liver, gallbladder or GI. As far as I know, protein in urine can be related to various conditions as well as directly an issue with the kidneys. For example, you can read more about the other conditions that cause protein in the urine if you look at 'Protein in urine' on the Mayo Clinic site.

• Posted

I had this with costochondritis.  My pain started on the left side of my ribcage and breast and gradually spread to the middle of my riibs and to the right side of my ribs and breast. However, it is also possible to have other conditions as well that could affect your urine, cause diarrhoea or oedema.
  • Posted

Simple. Heath Care just Became a Business Roughly 5 Year's Ago. This was a New Movment Brought On By Obama. These So Called Experiment's Are Designed To Help them learn @ the Expence Of Human Soul's. Which Ya Can't really Put a Price on. You May Ask Yourself? What's wrong with Heath Care? It's a Division. Both left & right side and a Few More In=Between. We Need ONE Party. Your Soul,, Your Soul My friend,, HAS been,,, for Sale the last 5 Year's now. You Can thank Obama. Yes He Spied on Million's. Ya Would NEVER Know! Trust Me! All I Can Say is I'm Sorry but this is OUR New world. Welcome! It's Only Gonna Get Worse. I'm Not Gonna Complane Today on this thread about what they did to Me? Were In the End Of Day's Anyways. It's ALL Water Under the Bridge Now. There Still is Self Infliction. Coinside's/Clashes With a Trash Can or Persay a Pre-Exsising Issue? Call it a Peray Catch 22. Oldy buta Goody! I'm Sorry Your a Victime Too. We do this to Ourself's? BUT,,, They Pic & Choose The One's Who Do,, & Then flush Us like Poo! A Rime for Ya! Stated with the Clinton's. BTW: You are aware we ARE the Most Evil Nation there Is? You'll Come to know soon Enough. When Poison Control laugh's & hang's Up? 4 X's? Ya know something's TERRIBLY Wrong with the New World. BTW: WELCOME! It's about to END BABY! Take Care Of Yourself. I've Been Waiting for this Day a LONG LONG time Now! Rejoice! Why? God is Great! He just Came through. Rain Check ; )

• Posted

Just Get the Scope Done Bro. Clean You Out. Done! Feel's Cleaner. God Bless a New Start is a Good thing Yes ; )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.