Need help to understand what I should be claiming!!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm on pip standard rate, I've got menieres disease, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, right Achilles is goosed, left leg shorter than right, peripheral neuropathy , myalgiac parathaesia, now I've been told might need inhaler as breathing tight and sore, and on top of that I'm on anti depressants, I don't have much Support (if any) I'm wondering if I'm entitled to any other benefits??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm afraid more info is needed. Have you worked recently/or do you work? Live alone/partner, have children? I can't help without this extra info, sorry. Also which part of PIP do you claim?

• Posted

Hi Denise15811 thankyou for replying I haven't worked since 2010 because of the distance I had to drive etc etc, I live with my husband and my mother lives with us, I do have kids but they're all grown up and not so keen to help out, I got standard in both parts they stated after interview that I walked with normal gait as I left room, I used the wall as a buffer and my husband helped me to a seat as I was so light-headed I thought I was going down, I also fell back into seat in interview room husband helped me up onto feet, I thought I did pretty good since I have anxiety attacks and I was continually asked same question over and over.

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for that info. As you live with your husband and haven't worked since 2010 you wouldn't be entitled to Contribuation Based ESA because you wouldn't have paid enough NI contributions in the last 2 tax years. Claiming Income Related ESA would depend on your house hold Income, so if your husband works then i'm afraid you wouldn't be entitled to that either. The only other benefits available would be housing benefit and council tax benefit, and again this would depend on whether your husband works and how many hours per week. It's all about your household income. PIP isn't means tested so that's a good thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.