Need help understanding borderline personality disorder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I might have borderline personality disorder. As much as I've read about this condition online, I have a hard time understanding it. I know there's certain types of bpd. Can people live Normal lives with this? Have Normal interpersonal relationships?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have BPD too. You can lead a normal life but you have to be in a stable environment and go to therapy. BPD is very complicated and there is no cure, but you can learn to cope wiht BPD. You have to manage your emotions and therapy will be able to help you with that. 
    • Posted

Also stay away from the booae and drugs because it will make BPD way worse! Get into a stable enviroment. That is the key here. Then seek therapy. 
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice. My symptoms have been so severe lately, it is debilitating and I'm not in a stable environment currently. In fact I'm debating on whether to go into a pschiatric hospital but I don't know what other choice I have. It takes months to see counsellors and psychiatrists. I can't work, go to school, or function on a day to day basis. My family has totally cut me off, I'm living at my boyfriends house who is a recovering opiate addict. I just don't know what living a stable life is like anymore. I'm constantly on edge and I feel like life isn't even real. Everything is so distorted and I have constant panic attacks. I'm 21 and I should working and in school, I have two semesters down so far but am unable to finish due to the severity of my anxiety. Is this normal to feel like this? I am at my wits end
  • Posted

Hi Lauren, 

Totally agree with freelancewriter stay away from drugs and please could you check if there is a support group in your area? Please get your relatives to intervene and I hope your family and and you get back soon. Also try very hard to complete the semesters. Is there any teacher who can assist ?

I hope you find help and the right kind of help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.