Need Help with a Name

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

can somebody tell me the name of the chest pain you get with fibro, I see that it was discussed on here before but now cannot find it, im going to see my gp tomorrow and im sure i have this.

Many thanks

xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Are you meaning Costochondritis

Signs and symptoms

When the costochondral joint becomes inflamed, it can result in sharp chest pain and tenderness.

The pain may be made worse by:

a particular posture, such as lying down

pressure on your chest, such as wearing a seatbelt or hugging someone

deep breathing, coughing and sneezing

physical activity

In cases of Tietze’s syndrome, there may also be some swelling.

These symptoms can develop gradually or start suddenly.

• Posted

Hi

Many thanks for this, would you know if it interfers with your CRP levels, when i have a blood test these are really raised but they never can tell me why as inflammation isnt a factor of fibro im told, just want to get it all straight before i go tomorrow as its driving me mad these pains, can barely walk with it, although the gapamentin helps i think this is causing me to Itch, so one good thing causes another

Many thanks for your reply.

• Posted

Hi Lindsey, can you please explain where exactly the pain is and how it feels? Is it worse after you have eaten or when you are hungry? Maybe you need a tablet to protect your stomach lining? Are you thinking of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease? I hope you manage to get some tests arranged via your go tomorrow xx
    • Posted

hi

its pain in my chest and upper back area, when i walk manly although anything stressfull sets it off,  its diffently a muscle pain, but its so painfull and has really restricted me with movement.

Also dont know if it is connected to the CRP Levels that are allways mega high but my GP or the Rhemotollgist at the hospital didnt know why?

• Posted

Hi, I also have raised CRP it's usually around 14 and I have s raised ear too. Mine seems to be linked to my inflammatory arthritis. The pain you describe and the itching makes me wonder if you should be checked for pancreatitis or gallstones. It's just a thought. Or maybe it's ins? Hope you get to the bottom of it soon xx
    • Posted

Sorry, it's meant to read 'I have a raised ESR level too'
    • Posted

Hi Lindsey,

I have just read that tietze syndrome can cause raised crp levels. I will send you a link to the article.

Unfortunately theses meds come with side effects which are sometimes worse than the initial problem. I've tried pregablin, gabapentin, amytryptlyn, co-codomal prescription strength, muscle relaxers etc and they all had unpleasant side effects.

Good luck at the drs

• Posted

Also have you looked up pleurisy? You say when your walking or stressed, is that because your breathing harder? Does it hurt when you breath normally?

If you have raised crp levels it indicates inflammation in your body but depending on how raised they are leads to a diagnosis? Have they checked you for RA, lupus, scleroderma etc?

Fibro is supposed to be free from inflammation but many on here have inflammation, I still think fibro is not a disease as the Drs know it, fibro is a symptom of an underlying problem but they say fibro as they can't find The answer. Fibro just means pain of the fibrous tissue.

My brother in law went to his dr with a terrible stomach, he went a few times and on his last appointment she said well you have irritable bowel syndrome, he said no sh**, so what the f*** is irritating my bowel!! She had no answer and quickly refered him for a scan.

For me that's the same as fibro, yes I know I have pain in my fibrous tissue, now tell me what is causing it please!!

If you have high crp levels then do some reading tonight and tell your GP what tests you want and who you want to see eg rheumy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.