Need help with anxiety medication Sertraline

Posted , 11 users are following.

So a while back I got prescribed Sertraline because of anxiety that I have been experiencing for a good few years now and the doctor told me not to read the side effects as it will probably put me off taking them, so of course the first thing I did was looked at the side effects and seen things about cancer, hallucinations ect. this has caused me to not take my medication and resulted in me not being able to do things I should be doing like work and going out.

I would be grateful if anyone who has taken these before can give an idea of any feelings or things that happend to you during your time taking Sertraline

Thanks!

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was on Zoloft 3 years ago for morning anxiety. I waited 3 months before going to the dr to get help. I thought I was going crazy with waking at 3am, heart pounding, sweating, burning skin and shaking. It was miserable! After starting the Zoloft at 12.5 mg I noticed a big improvement with in days. I couldn't believe it. I stayed in the medication for 6 months before stopping it because I felt I could do with out it and u did for 3 years. I've just recently started having the morning anxiety again. No sure what has brought it in but I did go to my dr and get Zoloft. I've started 12.5mg and am on day 10. I've noticed a small difference but the side effects are driving me craxy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.