Need help with complex situation- worrying depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I am looking for some advice from medical experts or to share their opinion. My girlfriend is a nurse and a few years ago, recently qualified worked in a nursing home. One evening she was prescribing medication and she thinks she may have mixed up or missed an old ladys medication. The lady was 86 years old age and thinking back she thinks she may have been on blooqd pressure or blood thinning medication. The old lady was admitted to hospital the next day and died a week later. My girlfriend has blamed herself ever since to the point that she is severly depressed and it has eat away at her for years to the point where is she at breaking point now and I am worried about her. I requested the death certificate and it came back as mensentric ischemia. All the online research I have done on the issue has pointed to that one missed medication would have had no real impact but can I get the advice of a medical expert on this for her reassurance? Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry to hear this. There are no medical experts on here and it is a peer lead community only.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.