Need Help with Cure for BV and Smell!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I have tried almost everything under the sun to help with this terrible smell and BV. Probiotics, all antibiotics given by my Obgyn, changed diet, even a sonogram to see if maybe a tampon could be stuck in my vagina.. i am almost at my last straw and want to give up. I cant even walk in a room without anyone asking what is that smell even with taking 3 showers a day. It seems like the smell is worst after sex. I have recently tried inserting borid acid pills every night. Anyone have any other alternatives or suggestions?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

have you tried peroxide douches or the water works system? The water works system can be purchased on amazon and it just makes sure water gets all the way up in there.

• Posted

thank you! yes i have the water works system but still i cant seem to get the smell to go away.

• Posted

what about the peroxide douche? Its the only thing that works for me. I lay flat on my back and tilt my pelvis and hip off the ground then insert the douche i hold it for about 20 seconds then follow up with the water works. It kinda burn and it prob will look yellowish coming out

• Posted

please try vitimin c tablets . i dont believe the douches work since they wash away the bad but also all the good u need to replenish ur healthy state again . i used plain, jamieson brand, make sure they dontt have a gel cap u need them to be chalky pills.

i used 7, one every night as suppository,

u will need a pad an try to do it right before u sleep so u dont feel the pill desolve . if 7 nights doesnt work pls continue for 10, most bacteria need 7-10 days to be destroyed or even longer because i know how hard this is ..and this will keep the good u need inside

i really hope u try an it works for you and also please try and not take anitbitics and highly suggest probitics , 50-55 billion for women u can take 2-3 daily and this is what keeps it away after the fact it will not get rid of it

goodluck

• Posted

Thank you for all the info. so i have did the vitamin c tablets before and it did seem to be effective but then my body started to get immune to them. it worked for maybe a month. I will most definitely stick with the probiotics..

• Posted

I was going to suggest Boric Acid vaginal capsules...up to 7 nights, 14 if necessary snd take a daily probiotic specifically for women's vaginal care. That is what I use. Also try taking a soak bath in tea tree oil and hydrogen peroxide. Afterwards try Rephresh gel inserts, every 3 days. So far so good...no issue in months.

GOOD LUCK!!!

• Posted

The peroxide douches worked for me. I did it several times a week and always before sex and after sex or my period. My order was only noticeable during sex. The only thing that got rid of my BV for good was removing my IUD... that was the best thing I could have done.

Good Luck!

• Posted

I tried many natural remedies, however, these have helped me personally: Goldenseal (root) is a natural and must powerful antibiotic, also Represh Pro-B female probiotic . It only has two strains that naturally live in female vagina and you need to replace that species in order to push out the bad guys-BV. You can read the reviews about this probiotic on Amazon and it helped countless women when nothing else worked without resorting to go and try nasty antibiotics

• Posted

I have suffered from Bacterial Vaginosis for years and tried everything. Diet, prescription medication, changing underwear fabric etc etc and finally after 7 years read on another forum about the isla soap stick. It balances the PH bacteria and works instantly. After two days of using it I noticed an immediate change in odor and within a week nothing!!!! I then used it once to twice a week and now completely BV free!!! It's been 8 months now and once a week or every fortnight I will use it just as a maintenance precaution. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I finally found something that worked. Nothing else worked and was starting to think I would have Bacterial Vaginosis. You can buy it on their website.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.