Need help with diet plan!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am currently awaiting for a referal to the rheumotologist however my gp has told me to change my diet he listed over 20 things that I forgot once I walked out the door! I know it was to avoid dairy and gluten he also mentioned chocolate is very bad N so is sea food!! What sea food my favorite treat!! My question is has anyone been put on a "special" diet to avoid inflammation in the body and what foods can I substitute , are there any good books for this xxx thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You could always go to a nutritionalist. That would be a good move and the right one.
  • Posted

I have a form of arthiritis called psoriasis arthiritis, a complication of people who have psoriasis already.

​For me cutting out wheat products has been a life saver in regards to swelling and pain in joints, have discussed with rheumotogist and she has said it would make no difference, but if it works for you, and shrugs shoulders, I have also tried re-introducing after some months wheat products, NOT GOOD, so I stay away, or almost, I can manage ONE slice of bread/toast for breakfast daily.

​Other then that tomatoes, potato, bell peppers, that would also include chillis, all in the deadly nightshade family, I notice after eating I am in more pain.

​Worth a try, YES, just be really strict with yourself for say 4 - 5 days to see if it does help, for me I noticed the difference within 24 hours, pain in chest and shoulders settled down, and that was scary, and even regular Dr said symptoms exactly the same as if I was having a heart issue, even he suggested try a diet, as he said would have a problems working out without ECG if it was my heart.

• Posted

Lectin's  , chitins, then look for n-acety-glucosamine, , maybe vanillin, extract of vanilla. hope these might help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.