Need help with eyesight problem

Posted , 2 users are following.

First of all, I am new here so I am not sure which group I should put it in, so, sorry to the moderators if it's in the wrong group. So I have been having this condition as long as I can remember. I was not actually aware of the condition till I was around 16-17 years. Now I am 30 years old. The thing is that I can't see far away objects. No.. it's not blurry at all, it's just that I can't see them because it's small. Like for example the last two line of the eye test chart, no matter what lense they make me put on it does not appear legible to me. I have got used living with it I guess as it does not interfere with my daily routine. However I would like to see normally (obviously). I had LASIK done back in the year 2011. It has not helped. Can anyone help?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I might be wrong but I was told by an optometrist a few years ago that most people don't have 20/20 vision, and I think lots of people (even those who don't require sight correction) can't see the very smallest letters on the eye test chart.

If it's not interefering with your life, I wouldn't worry. Although perhaps you might want to get a second opinion if you have only ever seen the same optometrist/opthalmologist. Perhaps get double-checked to ensure there are no lasting problems from the Lasik, just to reassure yourself. No harm in being extra safe when it comes your eyesight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.