Need help with my constant constipation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been constipated most of my life...I am 22 years old and recently been diagnosed with IBS Constipation...

I have had every possible test and tried every laxative and fruit on the shelves...I am sick of relying on laxatives..confused

My lifestyle is very healthy, I drink plenty of water..exercise regularly and eat fibre. 

Is there any other natural products I could try which will make me regular?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky,

I feel the same way. I'm so tired of hearing "eat more fiber! Drink more water" I do, and have tried everything, but fiber does not help everyone. It's not always the answer. I'm so tired of Laxatives too. I feel so weak and drained after taking them. Have to drink alot of fluid with electrolites, but sometimes my rectum is so sore and spasming and my stomach aches. It's nice not to be constipated, but it comes at a cost. I take Senna-Lax. The lowest dose. 2 of of 8.6 tablets before bedtime every week or other week. I'm so tired of straining and the only thing is marbles or pellets. I wish I could just have a normal bowel movement. I tried Benefiber, but I think I am allergic to "Wheat Dextrin". I just bought Citrucul, a fiber Laxative/ supplement, but not so sure about it. I don't want to take Miralax, Lactulose, Magnesium Oxide or Citrate. I may try Psyllum Husk. I have heard good things about Olive oil, so I take a tablespoon with a little lemon juice first thing in the morning. Just started doing that. Keeping my fingers crossed. Tonight, I'm just going to eat Rice and Popcorn because I haven't gone in 4 days. I wish I knew the answers. I have heard Tuna Fish, Ground Flaxseed, Apple cider vinegar, Black Strap Molasses work well. If you hear of anything please post back.

• Posted

Hi Becky

I have had this all my life and tried every healthy thing I could possibly research. I have had lots of bowel and pelvic floor surgery and in the end decided that it was stress that made my stomach swell and caused me great problems with constipation. One day I decided to try probiotics because of some other research into IBS. I bought super strength 50 billion ones as I was pretty desperate , also took a laxido everyday, now I don't know if it's a fluke but ever since I've been going every day and feel so much better, I am sticking to this from now on. It's worth a try anyway. 

• Posted

Hi Fiona,

Can you tell me the name of the probiotic you are taking? Can I buy it online? Thanks☺

• Posted

Hi joshepine

Im not sure if I am allowed to say the the company name but the type of Probiotic is called Super50 Pro. I buy them on line from Guernsey. They are quite costly but apparently the higher strength the better. Only need one a day. 

• Posted

Thank you. I have heard of Pro-15, or something like that, but it was a bit expensive. Saw it online. I will try your recommendation. Thanks☺
    • Posted

Hi, I got to the stage where I was desperate but didn't even consider probiotics but really glad I did now. I really hope that they help you, there is nothing worse than stomach problems consuming your life. Regards Fiona.

• Posted

Shoot. I don't think I can get them. They look like they are only sold in UK, I am from United States..

• Posted

I know what you mean, I was trying a good brand of yogurt with live cultures, but hopefully, if I can get this will help me more.
    • Posted

I e-mailed them two days ago, asking them if they ship to the United States, and I got some automated letter saying they would get back to me within 24 hours. So far, nothing. Oh well. I will look for something on Amazon.
    • Posted

I e-mailed them two days ago, asking them if they ship to the United States, and I got some automated letter saying they would get back to me within 24 hours. So far, nothing. Oh well. I will look for something on Amazon.
    • Posted

Hi Josephine, If you go ahead and order some probiotics i think as i have read that you need a high billion count, thats why i went for 50 billion. I have tried lots of yogurts and Kefir which i felt did not help. Its a shame that company cannot deliver to the states as i trust them. Having said that there probably are some other companies that supply good quality probiotics. Regards Fiona

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.