Need Help - Worst Pain I've Ever Felt - 30 Minute Headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

My name is Cody. I'm seeking advice for a major problem I've been having. I'm a very healthy 25 year old but a few random weeks out of the year during the last two years I experience these headaches that are unlike anything I've ever felt in my life. During the times I get the headaches they usually come on once or at most twice a day and they last about 15-30 minutes. I've got a very short lead time where I can feel them come on, and so I'll take an Excedrin but it takes too long for it to kick in. When the headache is in full affect I have an unbearable amount of pain always in the same spot between my right eyebrow and my hairline, further up, so between my temple and center of my head. Sometimes the pressure surges and it almost feels like the pressure branches to behind my right eye. This could be coincidental, but it also seems like my right nostril has some sort blockage during the headaches as well and it seems to clear afterwards. Maybe it's all related to sinuses? I'm a very pain tolerant person but these headaches render me useless until they are gone. Can't think straight, get dizzy, and hold my head as hard as I can hoping the pressure will somehow affect the headache and make it go away. I'm not suicidal but when I get these headaches I think a hammer to my head would be a better alternative as that's how bad they are! Insurance is too expensive where I live or I'd just go see a doctor. Any advice on what these could be from and self-treating would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Cody

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi. It sounds like a cluster migraine, otherwise known as suicide headaches. Triptans may help so ask your GP about them. I really hope you get sorted, being a migraine sufferer myself I can totally sympathise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.