Need Information About AAA Death

Posted , 1 user is following.

Please help. My father passed away. The autopsy stated cause of death as, basically, a heart attack. No other factors were forthcoming. My father left no medical records. He was an extremely private man and would allow no interference in his personal affairs. He did not suffer from dementia.

This is what we found in his apartment after his death:

• to our shock, we found no medication of any kind: it seems he hadn't seen a doctor in years

• bloody paper towels apparently smeared across his mouth, discarded on the floor

• he managed to get to the kitchen sink

• he fell to the kitchen floor, knocking at least one item off the counter

• the detective said he bled out through his mouth

• he bled a LOT - I believe he was exanguinated - the tile had been removed from the kitchen and half the living room rug was cut away during cleanup.

Can AAA cause this kind of death? Would he have been in pain? How long would it have been before he lost consciousness?

The quiet death of one elderly man seems to have been undeserving of more attention than he received. We can get no additional information. Anything you can tell me will be very much appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anything is possible but in my humble opinion, no. Sounds more like an massive upper gastrointestinal​ bleed. Penetrating ulcer hits big blood vessel then boom neutral
    • Posted

Thank you, Benny. I thought it was some sort of hemorrhage through his gastrointestinal tract, but the cause of death being listed as a heart attack confused me. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
    • Posted

No I can't explain the heart attack cause of death either, very strange confused

Oh but for the other questions, pain and consciousness redface​ Well assuming ... a raging with bacteria stomach ulcer is often unbearably painful - nobody could endure it without elephant pill style painkillers - but also there are 'slow fizzer range' varieties that just cause niggles and discomfort - so not giving a true impression of their seriousness,, so pain wise nothing alarming neutral And consciousness, seems like it started slow ("... paper towels ..." ) and then escalated and went bang,, so a few minutes tops, blood pressure drop, tunnel vision and then hit the floor neutral

• Posted

There were some bottles of Tums in his home, and his regular routine would indicate no extreme pain. I've experienced the tunnel vision effect myself, and unconscious comes quickly after that. I would have hated to think he went through a long period of panic and fear before he died. I take great comfort in your message.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.