Need medication for sleep

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can you suggest medication for occasional sleep help. Everything I try leaves me groggy, GROGGY, and unable to function for hours afterwards. Sometimes I am just wired at midnight. Thank you.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I live in New York.....The meds I am taking use to leave me very tired....The doctor said she could give me something so I wouldnt feel that whay but she prefered if I didnt take it........and I didnt........All I want is to get rid of this dizziness
  • Posted

Ativan also called Lorazepam... just .5 mg is enough for me to get to sleep when i need it....very low dose....does not leave me groggy
  • Posted

I use Melatonin which you can get over the counter. I bought the 5MG gummy and found them to be too strong so I cut them in half and take one 1/2 before bed.
  • Posted

OOOps....so sorry.....I was reading your post wrong........just did not have a good day.....dizzy
  • Posted

Thank you gang. I will try.  After 3 years I am used*!* to imbalance and dizzy, but a whole night with no sleep just makes crazy brain much worse next day.
    • Posted

some warm milk........or green decaf tea........remember it has 3 per cent caff. in it i believe   Good night
  • Posted

I took 1/4 of a gravol about 30 mins before I went to bed when I first got dizzy.

It made me pass out even when I was spinning.

• Posted

Not great, but do not ever, ever go to dizzy Whole Foods, so big so bright so many isles and so much choice, I did pick up some melatonin. I had to rest since then.  I am only sleepless at night occasionally. 

there was a useful list of all sleep aids and types in book 'Back in Control' by David Hanscom MD, I am only reading that for general info and other friends.  Sorry you were not great, a throw away Saturday.

• Posted

yep i still felt awful today  all day for the most part......still dizzy....dont understand why its getting worse again....going to make an appt with another ent on monday....my head also doesnt feel right....blood pressure is fine
  • Posted

Passiflora,  Homeopathic remedy for sleep is good. 
    • Posted

Hmmm, I have not tried Homeopathic yet, maybe.  Thx
  • Posted

Try Kalms one a night, helps you calm down and help you sleep. Don't expect

the first tab to work, but give them a try. They are herbal. so no probs ,and can

be bought  O.T.C

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.