Need more advice what to do...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have been reading everyone's posts in the hope that something can help me with my PR, but feeling a little lost about it all at the minute 

I first noticed a small patch on my bum cheek before Christmas, this one has totally healed now so not sure if that was actually my herald patch.  I do now have 2 large 'main' ones, one on my chest (the worst one) and a larger one under my breast, this one doesn't really bother me and I never really noticed it. Ive read that it is possible to have more than one herald??

The doctor diagnosed me with PR nearly 4 weeks ago and told me to just let it be.

I left it for 2 weeks, getting more and more stressed about it so I came here.

1 week ago I bought some head and shoulders, aveeno moisturiser, anti histamines and vitamin C.  I shower twice a day with the head and shoulders, then moisturise after.  I don't really like sunbeds but im feeling so desperate right now I went on last night for 6 mins.

Today the main patch and other 2 next to it are very red, itchy and dry - is this a good sign??  

My whole body isn't covered, I have a few small ones here and there, around 10 in total, then 5 larger ones on my torso and 1 on my neck.

Any advice is appreciated.  I have felt very down the last few weeks so not sure if its because of this, or that has made it worse?

Thanks x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I had this about a year ago ish, I wrote a post on here when I had it. I was very worried and my torso was covered in spots. I had a heck of a shock when they appeared. I used head and shoulders and aveeno moisturiser but I also took vitamin D3, I think that helped. And not long after they started to to fade. But i think that they can take a few weeks sometimes. I'm great now so don't worry they will go. I hope you're better soon, good luck

Mary smile

• Posted

Red, itchy and dry ? Is that a sign they are starting to go? 

Thanks Mary 

• Posted

I think they were like that when I had them. They started to slowly fade when they were going. They would go worse after going in the shower, they went bright red then. I think the vitamin D3 helped me, they were 3 for a tenner on Asda. I don't know if they are that price now though. I hope they go soon for you. I know it's stressful but try not to stress too much they will go it just might take a while.

• Posted

Tanning helped me the most. It dried them out and even though mine were more itchy when they were dry - I did know that they were going away!!
  • Posted

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that. I don't have PR myself but my daughter has it. I totally understand the feeling of being overwhelmed. I could not give my daughter her aveeno oatmeal bath for two nights and now it seems some redness is reappearing so I feel that for a while to calm her skin, I need to continue giving her the oatmeal bath and the aveeno moisterizing cream. I am sorry I don't know if I am helping you in anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I can relate to the frustration and feeling down. Hang in there.

• Posted

Hiya,

Of course seeking medical advice is important. They can give you a steroid cream.

I go the natural way, using pure organic aloe vera and also coconut oil. After every shower i coconut oil moisterise. I use luke warm water and try not to shower too long or too much, i find it dries my skin out and makes the itching worse.

Try simplifying your diet ie. Reducing processed foods, and continuing with vit d and all the supplements.

Dont stress! Stress only makes it worse. Try and recognise your body and its reactions. Ie dont shave your legs if you get rash on your legs. I left mine for two months and my legs are totally better. I still have patches but i care for them gently and avoid hot water. Wear light comfy clothing.. not too much wool i its making it worse.

Take it easy!

• Posted

Wow, doesn't sound like a "standard" case. Did you get a biopsy? If you have four separate patches that are basically getting a little bit bigger over weeks, I would try some over the counter fungus cream. Like fr jock itch or athlete's foot. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Posted

The doctor told me it was PR ? 

Knowing my luck it won’t be and I’ll be making it worse.

Thank you 

• Posted

So I have now stopped using the head and shoulders, I’m not sure if it helped me or not.  I’m trying to just shower once a day rather than twice. 

I have had a few sunbeds.

My patches/marks/spots are all very dry now and a lot less red, yet I still feel like I’m getting a few more here and there and some are getting bigger 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.