Need peace of mind. Possibly rabies encounter.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Strange encounter.... nearly four weeks ago I encountered a fox in a grove outside our house, it seemed sick or injured. But was lingering in the daylight and was not afraid. Anyways, fearing for the safety of the animals on our property I put him down before he could run/hide. I had gloves on and took care not to touch the mouth but did get some blood on my gloves. I called our local game warden and was told not to be concerned about rabies and no need to seek PEP shots. But since then I can’t help but dwell on the what if’s, what if some blood entered the gloves and with my work I almost always have cuts/cracked hands.... I guess what I’m seeking is peace of mind on weather or not this disease is even plausible to contract from my encounter. Sounds silly I’m sure but cannot help but think I should have been adamant about receiving PEP.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.