Need positive stories on zoloft

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am taking generic brand of zoloft for anxiety and depression. I took 25mg for 4 wks I'm now on day 11 on 50mg. I've been struggling for 2 days with high anxiety and feel like depression got a little worse because I have this heaviness of sadness on my chest that comes and goes. I just want to cry so bad. been feeling really tired and only been able to sleep about 3 to 4 hrs a day. my mind is constantly racing at night. I also been experiencing panic attacks. I've been told from several people it will all pass to just stick to it. they mentioned that it takes weeks to notice a difference. I'm trying to hang on and keep pushing until I see my psychiatrist. she wants to work me up to 100mg. is it true that 50mg is the start of therapeutic? I dont want to go up that high but the people I talk to on a support group mentioned how they noticed a big difference being on 100mg . if that's the case than here I come 100mg !

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The first couple of weeks my anxiety and mood rapidly decreased. I felt like my head was in a black cloud. That did pass but I've increased to 100 and it happend again the first couple of weeks. Then I went back to normal. Deffo stick through it. Personally i'm not feeling much of a difference still but I'm going to stick through it and mebies increase the dose again. But good luck and speak to ur doctor in a couple of weeks if you still feel the same. X

• Posted

i'm week 4 on 150 i had a rough days week 2 and better week 3 , week 4 again bad with anxious and mild deppression . this is my second time on sertraline i was on 100 for 2 yrs and it did the job and i was back to my normal self again, it took me 8 weeks -12 weeks to ceel good .

i have an appointment with my psychatric soon and will see . i dont want to go more up , i dont want to go through high anxiety again .

• Posted

Hey amber. I've been on sert for about 8 weeks now. Just like you, I stayed on 25 mg for 4 weeks. Now I've been on 50 for almost 4 weeks. When i was on 25 I felt nothing. But after being on 50 for almost 4 weeks, the difference is tremendous. I wake up so calm in the mornings, as oppose to a huge pit of fear in my stomach. I feel good on 50, but I'm gonna give it another month or 2 before I go up to 75. I was told it takes a good 8 to 12 weeks, and I'm not counting the 25 mg for 4 weeks. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon. It should start to get easier, just hang in there.

• Posted

Hi Amber,

When I started Zoloft, this website was an absolute god send to me, I don't normally reply but after reading your post I felt like I really had too because I know exactly how you feel because that was me back in April last year when my anxiety started. I suffer mainly from health anxiety & it all came to a head last year. I cried all day, every day, my mind felt like it was going at 100 mph, I felt sick, lost alot of weight as I just could not stomach anything at all, I didn't get out of bed for weeks on end. So thankful for my amazing partner who looked after our 2 young children. I got proscribed Zoloft & I put them away in my draw for weeks on end as I was so scared to take them & some reviews on the net made it even worse but looking back now I really wish I could go back & tell myself to take them when they were 1st prescribed as the way I feel now is amazing. I feel like myself again! I started on 50mg & after a month worked my way up to 75mg & now I am on 100mg & have been for about 6 months. My start up symptoms weren't nice, my dreams were horrible, increased anxiety, nausea, headaches, heavy legs & arms, you name it I had it. As the days & weeks went by I gradually felt better & better by little amounts. I promise you that things will get better, you will start to feel more settled. I was always told that it can take 6 - 8 weeks for levels to reach in your body to start to feel a difference. Just take things slowly & power through. Please feel free to private message me if you need to talk or anything. I am thinking of you & sending positive thoughts. x

• Posted

Can I just ask how long it took for you to feel a change. I have been on 50 for about 5 weeks now on 100 for about a month maybe longer and still not sure it's done anything for me x

• Posted

Bee, I had to respond to your comment, because you sound just like me. My anxiety came to a head last May, when it went from mild sporadic panic attacks to full blown debilitating anxiety. Called out work for a week. Went to the hospital, didnt know what to do... When my anxiety gets horrible I get physical symptoms as well as mental- sweats, chills, feels like I want to jump out of my skin... And I too suffer mainly from health anxiety. I also did the exact same thing as you when I first got prescribed. I put them on top of my dresser and they stayed there for SIX MONTHS!!! I was scared to death of taking them after reading so many horrible reviews. I somehow managed to get through those six months suffering everyday, and also trying to be a wife, a mom to two kids, and a full time massage therapist. On Jan 1st of this year, my anxiety came to a head again, like last may. I finally started the sertraline. 25 mg for 4 weeks, now been on 50 mg for 4 weeks. And being on the 50, things are really turning around. Wish I started last July when I first got them. I'm so glad you feel good again. I just wanted to share my story with you because it sounded so similar to yours. Xxx

• Posted

thank you so much for replying. woke up today struggling but by reading your post motivates me to keep pushing.

• Posted

It took me a few months to adjust to meds and feel better , I found that upping my does didnt help as much as giving the meds time to work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.