Need reassurance ...surgery in 2 days

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everybody ...so here’s the deal 

I got an emergency laparoscopy back in sept 2017 because of a large cyst rupture that filled my pelvic area with blood and fluid, all this was drained with a few small cysts that they found as well ...I was supposed to have an ultrasound back in March 2018 to see how the ovary was doing but in January the pain that I felt the day of the rupture came back, I got scared, went to the ER and they found a new 4cm cyst in that same ovary, my dr put me on birth control pills in the hopes of stopping the cysts from coming back and to go back in 3 months for another ultrasound ...the thing is that the pain never went away, instead of being that annoying sharp pain I felt that night it became a constant nagging and crampy pain that goes from pelvis up to my hip bone and sometimes back, it never stops, i manage it with ibuprofen so at least I can go on with my life and sleep at night but the pain is always there ...they did the ultrasound in April (for family reasons I had to reschedule) and the pills didn’t do anything at all, in fact the cyst grew more and my ovary has so much inflammation that it is dilating some type of tube that connects to my kidney or something like that so she told me the best thing was to remove the ovary to which I agreed because all the ct scans they did at the ER didn’t showed anything else besides the cyst so I’m sure that’s what’s causing my pain. She said she’ll go first laparoscopically but that because of the previous procedure and all the scaring there’s a chance she may have to open up instead and im freaking outtttt about that part 😖 I know what a laparoscopy feels like when it’s done to clean the ovary and all that but the rest is unknown to me and I’m so scared.. between imagining how much pain I’m going to be in, the side effects of not having an ovary and the chance of having to be opened up is driving me crazy ...in deed it’s 2am and I’m here typing this because I can’t sleep.

I’m so sorry for all the rambling ...I don’t even know what’s the actual point of this post but I would

Really love to hear your experiences and maybe some words of encouragement 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Diana,

First, it's so hard bot to fear the worst but I've learned to realize I can deal with the outcome not the unknown.  I went in for cyst removal on both ovaries and woke up with vertical incision.  Pain was less than before surgery, surprisingly.  As long as I was careful I could move with little discomfort.  I'm a slow healer so it took time but all was manageable because the awful pain from pre-surgery was gone and I could take pain meds to ease sleep.  If you are comfortable with your surgeon make sure you discuss possible outcomes and trust that the pain you have now will be gone.  Also, has there been any indication you have endometriosis?   That's what caused my cysts and did not show up on any scans.  Had no issues post-op other than normal recovery time.  I also took melatonin to help with sleeplessness.   Hope this helps.  Best of luck.

• Posted

It's a laporoscopy so it's only 3 small incisions. Two 1 cm on each side and one about 2 cm in your naval. I was shopping the next day with little pain. Don't worry.

• Posted

I had my ovary and tube removed about 2 months ago with 3 small incension cause of a cyst that was enlarging i had it for about a year so they suggested to take it out it is not that bad i was out of work for about a month but i am not in pain anymore like i was the cyst is what is putting u in pain u will be ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.