Need serious help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All,

For the past 10 years, I've had what seems/feels like a constant suppression that seems like depression but I'm not depressed.

This also brings on brain fog and severely affecting my speech. I get massive fatigue from speaking. It also seems like there's not much fuel to speak like something is constantly suppressing my brain and preventing me from speaking. This is constant no matter what im doing happens everyday and it's seriously destroying my life.

Not sure what this could be but I need to find a solution soon!!!!!

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

This fatigue also affects my eyes, they feel tired exhausted yet I slept great. I'm really sick of this and hoping to find a solution to this soon.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

10 years? ooooh lord..  thats a long time feeling this way shawny..  Brain fog (brain fatigue) could be anything from nutritional deficiencies such as magnesium, vitamin B12, amino acids..  Increasing antioxidants can help but this takes a few weeks to show any results..  It could be symptoms of stress, insufficient sleep, neurological disorders  or temporary ailments..  10 years is far to long shawny..  A good thorough medical & blood work is what I would be seeking - Hope you find what is causing this prob shawny - GOOD LUCK rolleyes

• Posted

That's for responding, yeah I'm not really sure what could be causing this I've had an MRI in the past and blood work and those always tend to come out "normal" but I'm still suffering. I just had a neurological assessment from seeing a Psychologist and waiting for results I'm hoping she'll refer me to a neurologist. Doctors are always quick to think it's depression and throw antidepressants on you but I know I'm not depressed and that something else is going on that I haven't quite figured out yet

• Posted

Sorry I meant to say "thanks"

• Posted

so welcome shawny..  good to know that you have upcoming appointments & hopefully you wont have to wait long for your results.. HUGS XX

• Posted

Hi

I Feel heart sorry for you, if it's anything like what I've been going through, and it seams real similar.

Like my wife says I was a 10, big 50k job, motorsport jetski / boat motorhome, and now lucky if a 2 if I'm doing nothing even my Scooby is sat in the garage & out 1 to 2 per month.

Do you also have major issues with reading anything. I loved articles, and I cannot remember when I last had energy to read anything much.

Sleep for upto 5days (many times)mainly it's 2days (1ce on holiday), but that can start anytime even as early as 2 3 am or even afternoon or before dinner. Severe sight & memory issues.

Hope mine sorts out before 10yrs though that's not long

Could it of started with mossy bites, I'm sure mine was linked to Southport & lots of mossys?

• Posted

Thanks for responding, yes reading hurts can't concentrate. I try as much as possible to avoid reading because it hurts to read.

It's like a downward spiral and can't seem to figure out what's causing this but I don't remember doing anything that might have caused it.

• Posted

Jee

Sorry for u

do you have any serious muscle issues, I have fasciculations in both lower calfs for 24/7 also biceps / thighs & eye lids

My right eye is real bad and once went up into the back of my eyelid and stayed there for a long time (& scared the Grandaughter half to death)...

But no dr will help just says were selling with the symptoms first?

• Posted

No I don't have any muscle issue just the fatigue from speaking. I've looked into chronic fatigue syndrome causing this but don't see any connections but I could be wrong.

• Posted

It was confirmed I don't have that as it needs a boom then bust period

Mine sadly is jus the bust only

Good luck with yours, I hope it improves soon

• Posted

I suffered extreme fatigue some years back, didn't feel like doing anything and concentration was poor. My blood tests came back normal. Have you tried anti-depressants? If not, it's worth giving them a go. Just to see if it helps. Sometimes there is no obvious outside cause for depression, it's a chemical inbalance but you have no energy to enjoy life.

Hope you find some answers and feel better.

• Posted

Did it affect your speech severely? because mines destroying my speaking abilities. I have been given antidepressants but haven't taken them as I think something more sinister is causing my illnesses.

Because it's affecting my speech is what makes me think this is more than depression but I could be wrong.

• Posted

Fish oil omega3s are helping a little bit but not sure how long you can safely take them for.
    • Posted

At one point I used to feel I couldn't communicate with people properly. I am on a fairly low dose of tablets which keep me feeling normal. If you really think it could be physical ask your GP to refer you to a neurologist for further tests.

• Posted

I already talked to my gp about it and he didn't think it was anything physical and didn't refer me but I'm working with a neuropsychologist who I think will help she did testing and I'm waiting for the results.

• Posted

I hope you get sorted. Don't give up. See a different GP and get a second opinion. 

• Posted

Thanks, I hope I get help soon because I've had this for a while and just now seeking help for it I hope it's not too late, it's just the fact that it's affecting my speech that's what's making me think this might be serious than just a constant suppression.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.