Need some advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Was wondering if anyone could please help. I was on clitrapram last year for anxity an took it in the morning but by about 5pm I felt sick an needed sleep. Iv just gone back on it an take it of a night. But in the morning I feel like Iv got morning sickness( im defo not pregnant). So can any1 recommend the best thing I can do to stop this. Please xx 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sally

when we are anxious, we use up glucose at a high rate. Sometimes with anxiety, we can also go off our food and not eat as well as we should. I would suggest that as soon as you wake up in the morning, you eat a banana, some cashew nuts and have a glass of milk for brekkie. Once you have a nutritious meal, your body will start to feel better. The nausea will subside really soon.

best wishes

sleepy crow

• Posted

Thankyou. I'll defo try that. Iv gone off my food all together. But I'll try this. Stupid anxity. Xx 
    • Posted

Anxiety affects us in different ways. I know it is hard to cook/eat full meals, but as long as you are snacking on healthy foods during the day, your body will get the nutrients that it needs. Try Boiled eggs or a jacket potato with tuna for lunch - good source of protein.

take care sally

SC

• Posted

Thankyou for this. I will definitely try all this. It's just hard when it's hard to do anything at the moment. But we all get there in the end.  Thanks x
  • Posted

Hi Sally

I've been taking Citralopram for over 10 years (life long meds) and initially I felt quite sick, but this side effect wore off.  I take mine in the morning, but whatever time of day you take it, make sure you don't take it on an empty stomach.  I had many side effects, but they all wore off after a while.

I'm pleased to say that this medication has kept my depression and anxiety away and I'm 'as happy as Larry' biggrin   I hope it works as well for you.

Best wishes, and good luck x

• Posted

Thanks for your replie. Glad to hear that your happy now. I just can't wait to stop convincing myself I have somthin really wrong with me. im really trying hard to eat. Today was the 1st morning I haven't actually been sick. So fingers crossed.   

Stay happy 😃 xx 

• Posted

You'll get there ..... confused

Good luck, and hope the sickness goes soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.