Need some advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all!

I went to the dr a month ago and the dr told me I have a 7cm cyst on my left ovary. He suggested I come back after 2 cycles (just a sign how crazy my cycle is.. In 1 month I had 2 cycles) to check if it has dissolved or gotten bigger. I have my appointment on Monday and just looking for a little advice on if the cyst is still there. I have been reading a lot of items on the Internet and wanted to get ppl who have had experience advice. If it is still there should I ask to remove it? Just a little background on why I went to the dr in the first place.. I was getting horrible pelvic pain and cramps even when I was not on my period. I am on birth control and have been for over 10 years. My cycles have also been so random and crazy the last 8 months. I did have an incident a couple months ago where it almost felt like I had a cyst on my right side was the worse pain I have ever experience! I am afraid that if I don't get it removed this will happen again and will do damage to my ovary or worse. My husband and I would like to have kids in the next couple years. Sorry for the long story!

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted


    If you do have a cyst and it is fairly large then they will look to remove it. If the cyst is around 5-7cm and isn't causing you any pain they might monitor it and see if it goes on its own. But as you have had this pain they might look to remove it, or if you are in on and off pain again may just monitor it!

    I had a 36cm cyst containing 16 litres of fluid (I looked pregnant) on my right ovary which I had removed on 10th Jan via a laparotomy (cyst & ovary) I was it a lot of pain about 2 weeks before they confirmed it was a cyst and went to a&e and luckily had emergency surgery to remove !!

    Hope you get it sorted!! smile xx

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi. I had a 4.5 cm dermoid cyst removed because of on and off pelvic pains. We did decide to monitor it but a had one spell of terrible pains. I went back and my doctor agreed it had to come out. I too want to have kids and in my opinion it's better to get them removed while they're still relatively small, I didn't want to risk losing my ovary if it was left to get too big and twist my ovarian tube/damage my ovary.

    I would go back to your doctor as I did, tell them your concerns and hopefully they should agree to remove it, depending on the likelihood that it will disperse on its own

    The kind of cyst I had don't go away by themselves X

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up