need some advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

So about last Tuesday I got a cold sore on the outer corner of my lip, at first I thought it was a whitehead, it didn't tingle. I didn't see the person I'm dating the week before I got this cold sore. How did I get it without kissing / being there to share utensils? What else can cause cold sores? I'm scared and not sure if it is one, it didn't blister it kind of had a root that I dug out. but i feel like it is indeed a cold sore. sad Also how likely is this: my coworker, has one on her lip now too, how did she get it? we don't share anything. i feel like she is going to blame me for giving her it. rolleyes I just dont know how i got one in the first place if i am only sexually active with 1 person and didnt even see them the week before i got this. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi, harold83734

cold sores can be occured by lots of causes. No need to kiss or share personal items, cold sores can be caused by stress or weakened immune system. When your body gets cold or flu, cold sores are also appeared. Or if you have sexually active with 1 person who had cold sores before, you still develop the infection. Though your partner doesn't have recurrence, the virus also spreads to your body. You should try  applying tea tree oil, baking soda, lemon balm ot otc creans to treat.

• Posted

I used to try many types of home remedies like tea tree oil, baking soada, apple cider vinegar, they only irritated sores and didn't help me. I also applied otc creams, they worked well on the first time. But if flares recur, they didn't work. I don't know what should I do if cold sores return? :'( 

• Posted

I applied denavir, zilactin and they only worked well in the first time
    • Posted

have you ever tried FDA creams like prosurx or acyclovir. They will be safer and more effective 

• Posted

as I used to apply prosurx for cold sores, I wanna share my experince. You can choose any kinds of creams you like, but you should ask the pharmacist or doctor before using 

• Posted

it's better to avoid stress as the factor will trigger your cold sores. Normally, cold sores will be gone away within 10-14 days. But treatments will help avoid severe ooze and fluid blisters and shorten the healing time . You can use honey, tea bags, tea tree oil to heal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.