Need some advice

Posted , 9 users are following.

Am currently living in the US do we have members from the state's here?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I'm in the US. I live in Kansas. Where do you live?

Marj

• Posted

I worked at the University of Louisville for several years and so was fairly close to where you live. What advice we're hoping to receive?

I've had CKD for about 7.5 years now. I'm currently in Stage IV with creatinine of 2.75 and eGFR of 18. I've got severe anemia as a side effect of the CKD. I also have high potassium without treatment. So I receive treatment for the anemia and I follow a very low potassium diet (2000 mg of potassium daily) and I take a potassium binder. The two together keep my potassium in range. The anemia treatment keeps my hemaglobin between 11.0  and 11.8. So I'm actually feeling pretty good overall and I'm still working full time as a university professor.

So I don't know if my experience will be of any help to you, but please feel free to ask anything you'd like.

Marj

• Posted

Thank you sir am doing great concerning my treatment except am having to deal with anal fissure and having to sit down for 4hrs on dialysis with pain after bowel movement
  • Posted

I’m in th UK now, but was living in CA (Laguna Beach) when my kidneys failed post liver transplant and had dialysis in Irvine.
  • Posted

I'm new to the group and just posted some questions. I'm in Missouri.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.