need some advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello sir/ma'am i am 27 years old and suffered gout from the past. then my doctor prescribed to me febuxostat 40mg per day after 3 months i was gout free till now. my problem is since i started taking it my face has been having a lot of pimples and acne. i have been in a lot of facial and some stuff but it always returns. iam planning to switch to allupunirol maybe this will solve the problem but dont know the proper dose for maintenance. thanks a lot

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your gout.  I got rid of mine by taking 75 mg, of celery seed extract, 85% 3Nb, twice a day.  (The extract works best as far as I can tell.  85 % 3Nb refers to the compound in celery which gives it its unique smell and flavor.  It is also what has been shown in some reliable human studies to be quite effective in getting rid of gout pain.  I also eat a lot of whole cherries every day which are good for gout.  My uric acid has gone down from over 7 (in the middle of an attack, which is when it actually gets lower) to 6.4 when not in the middle of an attack).  Good Luck.  The stuff is cheap and safe.
    • Posted

Hi Ted - tell me more about Celery seed extract?   What does that 85% 3Nb refer to?     I live in England so maybe you're using terms and measures unique to the US?

• Posted

Hi.  

3nB stands for the compound 3-n-butylphthalide which gives celery its unique taste.  85% just means it has been standardized at that amount and studied to be effective.

There's been human research on gout, arthritis and more recently on blood pressure.  All I know is that my gout attacks stopped (after I was having them just about every month) and my BP is better than it has been in a long time since I started taking the stuff.  Even my Kidney Functions have all gotten back into the normal range, but I can't prove that that is because of the celery seed extract.  You can google it and get a whole lot of information.  It is very promising.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.