Need some advice globus or gerd

Posted , 3 users are following.

i been having this feeling like something got stuck in my throat for about 2 years now i don't know what to do to make it stop at least lessen the feeling of it. I've check in with my doctor about this issue before he told it could be globus or gerd so he prescribe me Omeprazole to take but I've have taken it for almost half a year now and I'm still having feeling and I've been to ent to check my throat and they saw nothing and i got a ct scan and nothing too but that was a year a ago, I've stop taking Omeprazole and I've stopped seeing my doctor, should i go back to check or keep taking Omeprazole and has anyone have any advice to lessen the feeling of something stuck being stuck my throat, some kind of massage on the neck or anything is worth trying right now.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

forgot to mention i constantly burp like i kinda force it to make whatever is stuck in my throat come up but i don't think it's helping.

• Edited

Hi, hope this might help. I am going to cut a long story short.Have had Gerd/Globus for about 8 months.I was miserable with all the strange throat feelings I had, worried sick incase it was cancer.

First, doctor treated me for Gerd with antacids. Made no difference at all.

Next doctor prescribed anti anxiety tablets. For about 4 - 5 months. This immediately miraculously worked and took all globus / throat sensations away but then the effects of anti anxiety tablets began to wear off, like Globus was creeping back.

Great doctor was bit sad that he couldn't help. However he took me off anti anxiety tablets slowly and again decided to try antacid ( omrazepol) sorry wrong spelling and strangely, though it didn't work initially, this time immediately worked 99% removal symptons.I am so relieved.Seems to be lasting !😊

I have been helped by having a very caring doctor.

The main thing is to try and not worry about it, easier said than done! Try and keep your mind busy and physically active too.

It will hopefully pass.

This group is a great help.

• Posted

Me again. I cut out coffee and diet drinks. Tried neck massagers, made no difference.😧 In desperation once rubbed stingy nettles on my throat with disastrous results, dont try that!😜

I found chewing gum a great help.😊 also rest and sleep. X

• Posted

hi i found the anxiety meds worked for me a lot (which surprised me because i was adament they wouldnt) they made me feel calmer and less worried and so the throat feeling got less and less.

hope you feel some relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.