Need some advice on gallbladder issues

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have a constant ache in right upper abdomen , constantly there mostly a dull ache but sometimes sharp stabbing pain. i also have constant right shoulder pain. the acheing and pain feels like it affects the whole upper right side of my body. i cannot eat a full meal as it causes more discomfort, bloating nausea etc , but am ok eating little things throughout the day . i am extreamly tired and feel very weak and find it difficult to do the simplist of things. i have had endoscopy, ultra sound, x ray, ct scan and a hida scan. everything thing normal except the hida scan which came back at 32% which is just below normal. I am concerned because everyone with gallbladder issues states that fatty food gives them bad pain, as with me my pain is constant with varying degrees, food just causes more nausea and discomfort rather then pain . i am nervous that its not my gb because of this. can this be with gallbladder problems ? thank you beth.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

it sounds like gallbladder to me.my hida came back an 11 so I had m y surgery today.the pains are gas trapped among other things.right now my upper middle stomach hurts like heck and I can feel the gas trapped in shoulders back and upper chest.I've been getting uup acouple times and walking the halls this helps release the gasses.pain pills help alittle too.keep on your doctors. I didn't have any stones or blockages just a gb that decided to stop working.good luck!👍

• Posted

hi

i had gallstones and the pain seems very similar. i found apple cider vinegar alleviated the pain

let me know how you get on

• Posted

I'm going through exactly everything you are. Even with the feeling like you cant do the simplest things. ive had every test you can think of as regards to the gallbaldder . i have a capped gallbladder and narrowed strictures after having stones while pregnant. i got refered to gastro and cut a long story short it looks like i could have crohns, which is something i never thought it could have been. i would defo recomending getting refered so you can cover all the possabilities of what it can be. I know exactly how you feel and its exhausting not having a proper answer and feeling so ill. ive lost over 5 and a hald stone with it all feeling so ill.

• Posted

how did they find out you had chrones , iv had stool test and the doc says the number that should be high for ibd was normals , so unlikly in my case, i think.

• Posted

Gall bladder pain can be constant esp. if its just not working

I would get amlyase and lipsase checked out to rule out pancrease

Keep at it dont let them make you think you are going mado

• Posted

Hi Beth, well the HIDA says you have an under active GB issue. Your choices will be down to you so I am not going to say anything. If your asking "is there any way of escaping surgery" there are options.. If you have upper right shoulder pains this will indicate Liver complaining along with GB.

Depending if you want the GB out is up to you but changing your diet in your case and also drinking and eating certain things will help your GB to settle down. Fruit with High acidity, Oranges, Lemons, Apples & Grapefruit but you have to be careful with G/fruit because of side affects with some medications. There is a whole wealth of greens that will give you relief as well. And yes you can see how drastic this diet is heading too.

Apple Cider Vinegar is very good for healing the body, it is a bitter drink and what I do is this. In the morning I mix ACV with Olive Oil, freshly squeezed Lemon or Orange or Grapefruit Juice which ever suits your taste is for. At night I have ACV and Lemon and Honey. If these you feel you cannot bare it, then water them down with hot water.Eating Apples is also good for you. I have two old Honey jars in my fridge with freshly pressed Lemon and Orange Juice.Cherries are also good for in this respect.

However, Your going to need to know WHY you have an under active GB and then what your Dr is going to propose before you can make an informed decision? In the mean time if drinking ACV helps you, then you know the GB is not an immediate issue and gives you time to think, if your like me when I first joined this group I was dead set about having my GB out but reading the many posts in here about still suffering after extraction has made me change my mind and which is why I have found an alternative method and if that does not work there will be no choice for me to have it out.

• Posted

i am sceduled to have my gallbladder out in a couple of weeks . im just concerned in case it is not that

• Posted

pretty sure its the gb.I had mine. out yesterday and i was pretty loopy but i sis get up and walk around the hospital floor to get that gas out of my body

did this 4 times a day.today i am sore between the incisions. the gas in my body my right shoulder hurting and just plain tired.but everyone says it heals pretty fast. let us know what happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.