Need some advice on Menograin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies.

I was given Menograin for anxiety. I have all the other symptoms of peri under control but I still straggle with anxiety. I do take vit B6 150mg, B12 with folic acid, magnesium, iron and black cohosh but only for a 2 weeks now. I know it is not long enough but I just needed something to help me in the meantime. The pharmacist gave me Menograin, the main ingredient is clonidine hydrochloride. I did google it but I think it is a bit suspect. 

Maybe somebody knows a bit more about it.

Thanks

Nonnie

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nonnie

not heard of that Nonnie ... i will google too to see what it is ..

Jay xx

• Posted

I have only heard of forms of hydrochloride prescribed for vertigo. I do struggle with anxiety though and the doctor was happy to prescribe something. Also CBT is very helpful.
  • Posted

Nonnie

how are tou finding the Black Cohosh ?

that can have side effects...  i was going to take it years ago but decided against it and opted for Maca ...

none of these side effects effect you do they ....

Side effects of black cohosh may include:

Indigestion

Headache

Nausea

Perspiration

Vomiting

Heaviness in the legs

Weight gain

Low blood pressure

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay, I have only been using it for 9 days. So far I don't have any of the side effects you mentioned. I think it will be good for my blood pressure because it is high.

Nonnie.

• Posted

Hello Nonnie 😃

how are you today, well i hope..

yes i have read black cohosh has also been used to relieve arthritis pain and help lower blood pressure, hope it helps you Nonnie 

jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.