Need some advice on these episodes

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have been having these episodes for over 2 years every so often my heart rate will suddenly shoot up to between 140-200, I also start sweating become really dizzy(sometimes pass out) and have a bout of diarrhea and nausea (which will pass quickly) and chest pain they usually last about an hour but then I feel crappy for a few days after I've had various tests done and my 24hour heart monitor showed I had an arrhythmia and occasionally skips a beat which I don't understand nothing has actually been explained to me. I've been on the waiting list to see cardiology for a year and still waiting, the doctors gave me amlodipine (bring the heart rate down) but it started another episode so I'm not allowed to take anything until I've seen cardiology. The doctors don't really have a clue does anyone else experience this or can shed some light?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.