Need some advice, please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have some serious issues with my stomach/gastrointestinal region. It started with no pain just excessive gas about 4 weeks ago. Then I upped my caffeine intake -going from 1 espresso and 1 caffeine pill per day to 2 espresso drinks and 1 or 1.5 caffeine pills each day. At night I would often take Advil PM before bed.

About a week ago the gas started to subside and pain set in. At first it was a dull stomach ache feeling when I would eat or drink water. Shortly after the worst burning, fire like sensation in my gut occured - all directly below my ribcage.

The last few days I started getting cramps along with the stomach ache feeling. The cramps seem centrlized to the region directly below my eft ribcage area and also the back opposite area of the ribcage. Breaking wind seems to help the cramp feeling. My stool seems like brown mud - not liquid and not solid. Just all out at once. I usullay go once per day inthe morning or every other day.

Tests to date:

-Blood panel and urine - all came back normal

-Bloodpressure is higer than normal

-Ultrasound of stomach - early report said nothing; no inflamtion or issues just a lot of gas found

-stomach blood panel - waiting results

Any idea what is going on with me? I've seen two docs and both suggest something different. Appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi burnett419

Why do you take caffeine pills?

• Posted

I was taking the pills to get a boost at the gym. Hindsight, that was really stupid of me.

Thanks for following up. Was worried about this being related to a disorder with my pancreas.

• Posted

Gastritis, stop all caffine/alcohol and you will probbly heal.
  • Posted

Hi I too have gastritis and similar symptoms to yours.  I am awaiting endoscopy of 18th.  Mine was caused by the coatings on pills, too many anti biotics for a bad infection and too many pain killers and supplements.  Advil are UK ibuprofen and on empty stomach can cause stomach burning,  Mixed with strong coffee is not a good combination.  I have now stopped all pain killers and supplements and have no more than 2 coffees a day (never taken caffiene pills) and pains all gone in 2 months. Having endoscopy to make sure no damage as had pains for many months.  Try stopping advil and caffiene pills and see if that makes a difference.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I've stopped the caffeine (in all forms) along with Advil. Symptoms like burning stomach after eating is still present.

My anxiety levels are high because all of these symptoms are ambiguous amd seem to line up with multiple conditions - ranging from ulcers or indigestion to more serious like pancereatic cancer.

• Posted

Hi burnett419

Have you been tested for HPylori a gut bacteria that can cause dreadful acid reflux and burning sensation....it is very common....you can be tested via stool test or breath test or endoscopy. A blood test is not reliable for HPylori. If you do test positive it can be dealt with via antibiotics.....best wishes.....

• Posted

Thanks so much for the information. I actualy had a blood test yesterday - the clinic called it a "full stomach panel" including H.Pylori. I wil make sure to follow up and request a different method of testing that you suggest.
    • Posted

Hi burnett419

If it comes back negative insist on a stool or breath test to make absolutely sure you are clear of HP....Best wishes....

• Posted

Hi lilian,

I started noticing loose stool, light brown amd floats. Do you know if this is a symptom of the bacteria as well? Starting to get a little concerned it could be something worse.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi burnett419

HPylori can cause many symptoms loose stool being one of them. If I were you I would just wait until you have the HP test and stop stressing.....anxiety can exacerbate your situation and make your symptoms seem worse.......I know easy said than done!.....best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.