Need some advice please

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello there, I need some medical advice and thought this would be the best place to confirm a few things, sorry if this isn't the right message board for it though. I will be calling up my local GP for a check later on though.

So, I passed stool about an hour ago and it was quite a sharp somewhat painful one to pass. The pain went away immediately after I passed it and it wasn't a big stool but when I wiped myself there was some blood on the toliet paper. I've had blood on toliet paper years ago but that was just tiny dots, there was a bit more this time, not a lot but still more than enough to leave me a bit worried that the skin in my anus had been cut. I just wiped again 20 minutes ago and there was no blood when I probed my anus but there was still some left over when I gave it a second wipe.

I've been walking about a bit and sitting down for the past few minutes now and there was a bit of itchness due to what happened. So what should I do next? Should I check with my doctor to see if an infection might happen? Would the cut heal itself if there is one? I know to improve my diet so I'm planning on that but is there anything else I should be concerned about? Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This is not the place to be for this problem. Sounds like a simple case of Hemeroids and or Anal fischer. See your GP for check and symptom relief.
  • Posted

Unlikely to be related to Prostate, I think. Definitely see your GP. Could be harmless, but could be bowel cancer or something......
  • Posted

If the blood is bright red you may have haemorrhoids, but get your GP to confirm this or otherwise
  • Posted

As already suggested, it sounds more like haemorrhoids than anything more serious.  Drink more fluid, eat more dietary fibre, don't strain when taking a dump, and you'll probably be fine.  Preparation H or similar will probably alleviate the symptoms.

More information here:

https://patient.info/search.asp?searchterm=haemorrhoids

• Posted

I use an ointment called Ultraproct. Doesn't sound like a prostate problem! 

• Posted

Chris.  That is nothing to worry about.  I have had it and it does go away right away.  If the stool is to hard and if it is bigger they most of the time It has to open you up  you just trow the anus a little.  Try to eat some greens or fruit It will go away  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.