need some advice thank you

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had a stoamach xray showed a lot of feaces.

for the last day been following this plan

20ml lactulose 3 times a  day

1 sachet movical twice a day

senna 2 tablet 3 times a day

tried an enema no help

have been told totry mirelax 1-2 times a day tried it once no help.

I keep vomiting, vomited once today. doctor says its because iam so blocked.

i feel dizzy light headed and unable to do anything most of the time just sleep and really have  no apetitie.

has anyone else experienced this

and give the laxatives i am taking when can I expect them to kick in??

i have lost a lot of weight and feel pretty week.i haven ot really had a good bowel motion in a few weeks.

how long given my laxative routine and the facts its only really been 2 days i have been precribed this routine before i can expect something?

further do people often vomit with constipation like this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

G,Day i sufferd from your problem so i started eating Prunes an Prune Jiuce it does wonder,s please try them better than tablets .
  • Posted

What about having a colonic irrigation? That cleans you right out, doesn't hurt atall, And they can sometimes find out why your so blocked, I know it costs but it's not a lot if money, but that could be a optionsmile hope this helps and hope you get it sorted
    • Posted

Buy a packet of wet Prunes as im on Morphine 300mg a day i take about 15 prunes after tea at night and i go fist thing in the morning try prunes first it really works fast try and get back to me Please try them you will never look back you will wonder how you lived with out them cheers let me know how you are going .?
  • Posted

Hi overthehill

Do you drink plenty of water and liquids?....you say you haven't eaten for a while you need to eat to get the bowel moving. What you eat is important lots of fruit and veg and fibre such as cereals and wholemeal or gluten free bread...don't become reliant on laxatives. You are feeling weak dizzy and sick due to hunger try and have a hot cup of strong tea and some wholemeal toast..Strong hot tea always works for me!...

You have to try and eat and drink to get your bowel moving....best wishes.....

• Posted

the problem with food is cant really keep it down

it a contant yucky feeling

i will try and eat and end up vomiting

do laxatives suaully take a few day to really work?

nothing has really happened yet.

• Posted

Hi overthehill

The pack containing the laxatives should tell you how and when the laxatives will work...if they don't work in the specified time do not keep taking them..they will make you feel sick...i would stop taking them and try to start eating and drinking sensibly. Without fluids the stool on your bowel will dry up and become solid and become difficult to pass.....try to eat and drink little and often until your tum can deal with it......best wishes..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.