Need some advice urgently please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have recently went on these pills and not sure if it's causing this or not but really need to know.

I'm getting really sore stomach and extreme tenderness on my left side intenstine and it's sore to press. I've only been on these pills for 2 weeks at 75mg.

Any advice would be great please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mark04913

I have been on pregabalin for over 6 months and not heard of such side effects or experienced. Everyone is effected by medication differently. If you are concerned please get checked out by your doctor.

If you are on Facebook there are support groups which I have found useful.

• Posted

I have this and I am slowly coming off this drug. I have many other side effects as well so it is a personal choice to stop. As you have only been on them for 2 weeks you could just ask your GP how to taper down from 75mg as it is never advisable however low the dose or short time taking it to suddenly stop cold turkey. The withdrawals can be dreadful and if you read the leaflet that accompanies the drug it clearly states that going cold turkey puts the patient at risk of having seizures! You have the chance to not get caught up with this drug as even if it works for a time then it stops and the dose has to keep going up and up - by that time it is too late and side effects plus withdrawals on stopping become very hard to cope with indeed. Do all the research possible before deciding whether or not to continue - information is power! I hope it works out for you and you are able to make a definitive decision very soon.
  • Posted

Hi Mark

I'm sorry that you're experiencing these side effects. There are many adverse side effects from this drug. There is a great group on Facebook called Lyrica Survivors and would be worth joining to get perosnal experences of this drug. Take care of yourself

• Posted

Hi Mark,

I've been on Lyrica now about 3 months, I have a heart condition, so have to be careful what they put me on. I've had a myriad of problems from chronic kidney stones, bladder pain, pelvic floor disorder. I was always in pain all in that area. Finally after an MRI they found a tear in my miniscus in lower back. Started me at 25mg did nothing, upped it to 75mg twice a day, began to help, now at 150mg twice a day. Seems to work well for me, I don't have your side effects. The only thing I get is slight buzz last about an hour, and my vision close up is a little blurry, I have perfect vision btw. I'd check with your GP, but try to continue if you can, so far beside a narcotic, it's worked wonders for me!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.