Need some answers, so turning to this

Posted , 2 users are following.

So February 18th, after a night of drinking I puked the next day constantly. Thought it was just a hangover but the rest of the week I could barely eat, was nauseas, and I was in pain. I went to the ER had blood work done and even an ultrasound, nothing. They said it was probably inflammation of the stomach lining and eventually the pain went away. But one thing has stayed. I have had yellow stool every day since. I had an appointment with my gastro and she said it is because of my gut bacteria. Could that really be why my poop is yellow all the time?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Alcohol related gastritis could certainly explain your initial symptoms, but this should have been resolved by now.

Bile is what turns stool brown, and any time you have yellow stool, this indicates bile is not flowing well.  

Ultrasound should have picked up large gallstones, but will not show thick/muddy bile or smaller gravely stones.  

If your doc feels your gut flora is off, I trust she would have prescribed a probiotic?  Lactobacillus would be a good choice as it survives stomach acid better than other strains.  

Lecithin (aka phosphatidylcholine) from egg yolk (or supplement) will also help thin bile and get it flowing again.  

You might try adding some eggs to your diet or a lecithin supplement to see if this might help correct your problem.  Curcumin will also stimulate bile flow.  

Hope this helps.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.