Need some faith in citalopram - just upped to 20 mg - scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm looking for some faith and hope that things will get better. just started 20 mg citalopram- week 1 was 10 mg. week 2 was 15 mg.

is there anyone out there that can tell me that they got out from depression ? I want to feel better so badly. I hope theres someone here that can give me hope!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey!! Yes you should always have hope!! If upped my dose of citalopram from 30mgs to 40mgs its been 2 weeks seen some bitterness in me but still going threw the s**t atm my anxiety is still there but if have control of it now because I was in a really bad state with it and my depression and panic attack disorder!! It will take time to kick in they say 4 to 6 weeks before u feel better!! My sleeping and appetite had gotten better!! But feeling quite numb I still have a cry hear an there but no way near as much as I I was a week ago!! Just needs to set in the system! An I'm not gunna lie it ain't easy having faith an hope!! But knowing if u have had relapes before ya know u can always get out of them!! I go back to the doctors in another to weeks! So give it a month then go back to see ya doctor (well that's what I would do anyways) good luck!!

• Posted

I go back Tuesday to see my doctor. thank you for your message. I just want to be me again. it's hard to hold on to hope. if I had a broken leg, I know it would heal. This - you have no way to know. If that makes sense. How did you get through the transition period ? What did you do? Nothing feels good. I dont talk to people because its overwhelming. I'm exhausted and I dont watch t.v. because it's so negative. I tried to color in a coloring book - but I couldn't really concentrate. So, I sit and essentially just try to stay calm. Will my excitement for life come back?

• Posted

Well it wasent easy!! For the last 2 week's before they upped my dose I had a bad relapes because I was in serve pain with my back an I couldn't hack it I couldn't even get out of the house which made my mental health worse!! So went went down hill from there! E.g I lost intrest in everything I hardly had any sleep had no appitite lost weight coz of it! My anxiety and depression went threw the roof lets put it this way (I was going out of my mind) with negative thoughts cry etc but some how an even to this day I duno how but I still went to work an didn't take no days off an carried on with myself yes it wasn't easy I was really giving up faith an hope but somthing in me was no perpaired to give up! It's only been 4 days since iv gotten abit better an still gotten quite abit to go but I'm just happy im not overly cry an either on edge or depressed!! It get that hun dw it takes time!! But do speak to ya doctor if it proper concerned!!

• Posted

I thought I needed to be committed to a mental hospital during the 1st week. and most of the 2nd.

Pure hell.

I dont know how I made it through to today. I just pray to every God out there that I can become me again.

I miss my life ! I miss my family and friends - The normal life - if that makes sense?

• Posted

I know it's horrible I'm still getting anxiety now some what in the mornings an can be threw the day but I try my absolute best to keep in under control!! An try an keep myself distracted aswell!! I know its easy said then done but NEVER give up hope because I know both of us will get better inventurely an these feelings won't last For Eva we just have to be patient with our medication an do some therapy an if things don't improve at least we can go back to the doctors to talk to them!! Keep fighting hard hun!!

• Posted

i took citalopram 2 years ago ! and it was hard the first month than start using buspirone with it and it did help me a lot !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.