need some good advices please

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys i have just jioned this forum, my prombles with anxiety started in may 2015, so for the last eight months,i have been finding it hard to come  to terms with life the way it is now, i am 41 years old man that loved life, had many interests , i just about can do my job, but did have five weeks out of work due to the extremity of my anxiety, i have contant cheast pain, my mind just fells total different at times,i have pins and needles in my feet and hands most of the time,my breathing is diffcult at times, my heart races also very frightening, i could go on, i miss my life and would just love to feel normal again, i would love some good adive please.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

anti depressants seem to be helping
    • Posted

Hi, could you tell me which ones, and how long it take before you see the benefits
    • Posted

i am on sertraline which is generic for zoloft today is my 2nd week on them i feel a little bit of improvement not myself yet but hopefully soon ill feel better.
    • Posted

i havent been given anything yet, i have been trying to keep going with out drugs,now i am thinking about chatting to my doctor this week about my options,
    • Posted

yeah sometimes medicine is good for us to help our brains function more properly.
  • Posted

I have been given Sertraline too but tge side effects were so horrible for me I stopped after 2 days..;(

Find it hard to carry on without anything, Im 44, single and no child.. Cant see it happening anytime soon as all my friends are in relationships and have kids..

Struggling to keep faith, lost interest in pretty much anyrhing.. Been off work for 3 months, just back so hoping it will help..

• Posted

So you are not alone.. Try the meds, they might work for you and help you go back to your normal self! wink
  • Posted

Hi- could pretty much have posted what you have. I've been taking beta blockers as and when symptoms flare or I feel the palpitations which I know will result in worrying symptoms. I think they help. I'm finding it easy to classify symptoms as anxiety, just muscle spasms increase my anxiety.
  • Posted

Hey Trevor

Get yourself checked and if it is GAD or panic related get some help. Anti-Depressants works good but take about three weeks to kick in. Might have to try a few until they find the right one for you, but anti-deps are not addictive like tranquilizer meds. Been battling this mess since 2008...it is not easy...but therapy in combination with anti-deps does help.

• Posted

hi trevor

it's difficutl to get by without help and for me it was sertraline and propropanlol.

​i too started in may and i still have down days but i had to close my business down due to this and i'm still not due to start it back up again, but i do feel so much better.

​my only concern is that sertraline was aweful at first and was for almost 6 weeks, so be prepared to have another episode off work because most can't cope with side effects and can't work, however some can.

​also i'm 52 and loved life and had a great surrounding, working from home, yet this dam condition made me so misserable and down it was too difficult to accept, financial costs have been over whelming, to make myself feel better i would go on spending spree, and then regret it, went through 7 cars this year and no end of gadgets only to regret buying them, but i didn't care i just wanted to feel better.had a blip over xmas which i have had my meds increased.but all in all i'm getting there and so will you , take care

• Posted

Thanks guys for all the advice, will let ye all know how this goes.
    • Posted

Hi trevor!

I'm actually going through the same thing you are at the moment, so IF it is actually the same, I would say you have (don't like to say suffer as everything is an experience) GAD with secondary Depression symptoms. 

I would strongly recommend taking (after consulting your Doc) Cipralex for a period no less than 3 months. This medicine takes about 3 weeks to feel anything from it, but it took me more than 8. so do not give up on them!!

Hope you get better and please keep us updated smile!

Best,

Husam

• Posted

hi guys just an update went to doctor today,i was give 10mg lexapro and alprazolam, took the alprazolam, this put me to sleep for a few hours, i was very sedated,now i am going to be honest i am so afaired to take the lexapro, but everything i have read about it seem good, what do ye guys think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.