Need some guidance please re tablets - bit confused

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have have been taking tablets for 1 month and lost 8lb.  Also joined slimming world to try and give it my best shot as I have 7 stone to lose.  I am however slightly confused regarding taking the tablets.  Do I only take them when I am eating a main meal or should I take one in the morning even if I am only eating a yogurt or fruit eg an apple.  Any tips that anyone can give me would be very gratefully received as I really don't want the doctor to think I am not worthwhile supporting any more.

Thanks everyone love reading your success stories and smile when reading the not so great moments - I have learnt that bit the hard way had to throw away 2 pairs of knickers so far was definitely not a "good look ! "

x

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi @ Piggie If the yogurt is fat free then don't take it.

If you go to my profile my tips etc will also be there i have a blog with all the info on them too. 7 stone will come off in no time good luck x

• Posted

I'd love to follow you as you are obviously a great example to us all but sadly I am not very good on the internet.  I don't understand face book, twitter etc and don't know how I would go to your profile or blog.  Sorry to be a pain but if you could help me with that I would be really grateful.

x

• Posted

Hi piggie

if you click my name on this post it will bring you to my profile the it will show my activity that way you can see what i post. I will private message you my blog as you can't post links on here x

• Posted

Thanks britneyspears your a pal...  Hope its obvious to me when you private message me !

Sorry just too old to get the whole social media thing

xx

• Posted

Lol don't worry you will get an email saying i sent you a message or just go to your profile on here by clicking your name then it will go to your profile then click messages.

If you need any help please just post back x

• Posted

Hi Hun,

I am following SW plan also I take the blue bullet with my main meals but not with something like fruit yogurt as I think of them as a snack.

Good Luck lovely xx

• Posted

Hi Piggie,

Orlistat works in intestine where it blocks some of the fat you eat from being absorbed and digested. The undigested fat is then removed in your bowel movements.

Orlistat should be taken one hour after or during a meal containing about 15 mg of fat. Meals without fat do not require Orlistat. If a meal is missed or doesn’t have a fat, you may skip your dose. Consult your doctor.

You should eat a nutritionally balanced, reduced calorie diet that contains approximately 30% of calories from fat. Orlistat blocks your body's absorption of some fat-soluble vitamins and beta carotene. Therefore, when you use Orlistat you should take a daily multivitamin that contains vitamins A, D, E, K, and beta-carotene. Take the multivitamin once a day, 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking Orlistat, or take the multivitamin at bedtime.

Hope it helps. Good luck!!!

Alex

• Posted

Can I ask please (due to start tabs on Monday).....if sticking to 15g per meal would the pills remove some of that fat into your normal bowel movements and if over 15g would cause an oil leak or urgent bowel movement? Either way it would remove some fat  -  is my understanding correct?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.