need some help

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have been on diazepam 20mg a day for the past 1 yrs,i quit cold turkey about 3weeks ago due to balance problems,i didnt know i shuldnt have quit the drug in the manner i did,it was after i quit that i started having some crazy symptoms,headaches,loss of interest in social activities,lost of interest in sex,having the balance problems still,and always  feels like am going to fall off standing or walking,cant function properly and have been through  this horrible feeling for de past three weeks,my doc keeps telling me is due to the drug i have this balance issues which is my biggest worry among the symptoms i have,i cant go to work or do anytin functional,plz help me see the way forward...cos if am to still bear these symptoms for only God knows how long,i cul lose my jobs as wells as so many other important things...tnx

0 likes, 92 replies

92 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You need to focus on a slow taper. There is no easy way to avoid withdrawal you have to taper slowly to minimise the withdrawal signs and symptoms and to avoid pws.

Thisn is the danger of these drugs, they are hard to come off.

I need to know what dose of Valium you are taking now please.

• Posted

i have already stopped,i had no idea there was something called cold turkey,i taught it was just like a normal drug that u can stop taking when you choose to,but now i have severe withdrawal symptoms
  • Posted

I can only suggest going back to your dr as u are having what you describe as severe withdrawal signs and symptoms. Iy is dangerous to ct but you did not know. Your dr needs to assess u further.
  • Posted

I tried to PM u with a link to benzo withdrawal a special study but your PM message facility needs enabling.If u google spasms benzo withdrawal Japanese studies u should get the same link. I can ty to PM u once you enable PM. X
  • Posted

Hi I am sorry not to have replied but there seems to have been a hitch getting onto this forum.

With regards to your concerns about wd from benzos. Sadly it is a long process. This cannot be avoided. However according tp Prof Ashton the process of healing does take place . The effects of the benzos are reversible

It is slow because the gaba receptotrs in the gut and brain need time to recover from the effects of these toxic drugs.c have to recover their functionality that the benzos have worked against. In other words the benzos damaged gaba receptors and now since withdrawing from the benzos the gaba receptors have to struggle for a while to get back to normal.

Time is the healer. Re the prednisolone. This has to be weaned under medical supervision. It sounds as though your dr is being very careful and monitoring you.

It is very important that you wean off the prednisolone which is a steroid as per your drs instructions.

You said you tapered off the benzos four weeks ago. That is ok but as I said before the healing process can take some time and there are windows and waves associated with this.

Even though the process is unpleasant it will end but in time.

This waiting is unavoidable. There is no drug that is going to aid this process. Time is the healer. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.