Need some help with bra pain...please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 48 years old and have always worn underwire bras.  I am a size 14/16 and wear a bra size 38D/DD.  All of a sudden in the past week, also being PMS and in Perimenopause I noticed right underneath my breasts on my rib cage I am getting a sore and achy feeling.  It's right wear the underwire sits.  Feel a bit better when I take it off.  Just lost about 8 lbs, I thought I would feel better.  Anyone ever heard of this or experienced it themselves....UGH!!!! please help me =((

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I hate wearing bras and certainly not underwired ones as they used to cause me pain.  Perhaps you're now feeling pain because you have lost weight.   I wouldn't get the pain when I didn't have a bra on but would get a pain almost as soon as I wore one, like someone poking a finger in my ribs.  I only wear bras when going out or in company.  I have read that women need to wear bras otherwise their breasts get saggy, have no support  and it makes the muscles slack but someone else wrote that if you don't wear a bra the constant "jiggling" about strengthens the muscles and stops them from ending up at waist level.   I don't know which is true but I certainly find it much more comfortable without one.
    • Posted

Thank you Spindles, makes a lot of sense...I will stop wearing one around the house.  Thank Goodness for this forum...biggrin

• Posted

Omg I am experiencing same thing! My bra is loose and I still can't handle it! Perimenopause symptoms for sure! 😕😁😱 it's painful pressure so can't have anything rubbing underneath my chest.
    • Posted

Have you tried Evening Primrose Oil capsules?  I had a couple of breast lumps many years ago and they turned out to be a cyst and a thing called a breast mouse but I was told I just had lumpy breasts. The consultant recommended the capsules. He said that the active ingredient is GLA or gamma linolenic acid and there is a specific dose.  Even if the capsules say they contain 1000mg of EPO it's the GLA that's important.  He told me I needed to take 240mg of GLA a day and I did this by buying capsules that had 80mg of GLA in each and taking three a day.  He said it would take four months for the GLA to flood my body and then the terrible pains I was getting (so bad that I couldn't bear to take my bra off, even at night) should disappear.  It was miraculous! I took them for four mlnths and all the pains went and have never come back.  If anyone has hormonal pains in their breasts then a course of EPO capsules might help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.